Animated terrains

Suggestions about the gameplay, the controls, buttons and so on.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Animated terrains

Post by Stratego (dev) »

I plan to put in animated terrrain tile option for both unity and android version.
maybe for decorations too.

as i feel this is a big restriction now so we can not make terrain a "living" enough.

what do u think?

also what animations can we imagine?
i mean:
- contstant animation
- timed like 1 minute nothing, and 3 loops of this or that animation
- maybe more complex?
makazuwr32

Re: Animated terrains

Post by makazuwr32 »

Would be good addition. Count my vote in.

Constant animation for water and shoreline would be awesome.
Timed animation for forests — wavering leaves and/or branches/twigs. Maybe not 1 minute but at very least 15-20 seconds delay between each loop.
I also urge to get a proper waterfalls for at very least 2 years. Having them with constant animation would be perfect.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

waterfall: though we can make that already using "units" like the statues or that big animating fire we have already
Sombrar +1

Post by Sombrar +1 »

I think it's cool to have animation on some types of terrain, it could make the game a little more lively, maybe something like two or three sprites, also 20 seconds of relay looks good, for me I think It doesn't need very complex and time consuming things to do, just a few improvements and it would give a nice improvement in the visuals.
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

I feel like constant is better than something that would happen after so long in delay...

More of a slow but constant animation would be better.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:31 pm waterfall: though we can make that already using "units" like the statues or that big animating fire we have already
Units variant will not the one i want — you won't be able to build over it bridges, move units (flying ones — if you place somewhere unit waterfall it will prevent from stopping there even spaceships billion kilometers above it (in theory) and that is not what i am hoping for) and so on.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

makazuwr32 wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:49 pm
Stratego (dev) wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:31 pm waterfall: though we can make that already using "units" like the statues or that big animating fire we have already
Units variant will not the one i want — you won't be able to build over it bridges, move units (flying ones — if you place somewhere unit waterfall it will prevent from stopping there even spaceships billion kilometers above it (in theory) and that is not what i am hoping for) and so on.
yes, good point!
that case we need them to be terrain or decorations as this topic is about.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Yes units that can climb mountains should b able to climb waterfall
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools

Return to “Gameplay & UI”