Factions and technology

Suggestions about the gameplay, the controls, buttons and so on.
Karl145

Factions and technology

Post by Karl145 »

Hey guys, am back and i have new idea. In the Age of world wars we have factions, like US, Soviets and so on, i wondered if in AoS that's possible. That would be realistic in for example the multiplayer games, when you wanna don't have have elephants in european armies ahahahah. So i propose that every faction has their own unique units and special units, for example japan would have ashigaru or samurai instead of swordmen

Also, the technology and experience of the units
I mean that you don't have to research the tech to upgrade the swordman to broad swordman, he advances for killing enemy units, conquering cities, etc
And techs would be to make them "more modern" like archer to arquebusier and then to musketman
And if archer advances to longbowman and you research muskets he becomes line guard or something
Poland
DreJaDe

Re: Factions and technology

Post by DreJaDe »

Karl145 wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:16 am Hey guys, am back and i have new idea. In the Age of world wars we have factions, like US, Soviets and so on, i wondered if in AoS that's possible. That would be realistic in for example the multiplayer games, when you wanna don't have have elephants in european armies ahahahah. So i propose that every faction has their own unique units and special units, for example japan would have ashigaru or samurai instead of swordmen

Also, the technology and experience of the units
I mean that you don't have to research the tech to upgrade the swordman to broad swordman, he advances for killing enemy units, conquering cities, etc
And techs would be to make them "more modern" like archer to arquebusier and then to musketman
And if archer advances to longbowman and you research muskets he becomes line guard or something
This is actually my thought back then though...

Trying my legionary strats. It kinda breaks my immersion when I won't be able to recruit nonroman units that was in history been fighting with romans.

Like the celts for example.

In my stance today, I want something that can bypass that of AOW faction type thing.
makazuwr32

Re: Factions and technology

Post by makazuwr32 »

Factions:
There is a plan of civilizations for aos. I do not know though current state abot that.

Technologies:
Here i disagree.
1. Unit can't upgrade its equipment by killing enemy units. It can be upgraded by smithing and training with new equipment.
2. Technically wise: it is not possible right now to set a thing like "kill x units to level up to next tier". Veteraning is a different thing — it provides additional stats without leveling unit to new image. It also activates on EVERY kill so it is out of option to give it for every unit since it might become uncontrollable. We do not want celt warriors with ability to oneshot everything on their path excluding buildings, right?
3. More modern: partially that is what current techs are making.
But you can't upgrade archer to gunner and to tank. Why should he be able to? It is as if in aoww you would ask to upgrade infantry into tank, than into battleship, than into starship.
Archers are trained to use bows. Difference between bows and guns in terms of usage is as big as between guns of chinese from 13th century and nuclear missile launcher from 21st century — they require completely different qualifications.
Even difference between regular bows, composite bows and long bows is rather big and you can't change in a moment your bow (crossbows is a different thing since it is easier to handle regular bows).

More about factions:
(Not impossible right now but that's what i want to ask later from stratego)
I am thinking about faction-unlocking techs which unlock this or that faction and corresponding units.
And when you choose this or that civilization/faction you get for free tech that unlocks units from chosen civilization but to unlock other you need to get through some research.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader

Return to “Gameplay & UI”