Show remaining turns for effect on bottom-left panel

Suggestions about the gameplay, the controls, buttons and so on.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: Show remaining turns for effect on bottom-left panel

Post by Stratego (dev) »

sorry but actually i totally like the current way - others?
anyone also suggest change?
b2198

Post by b2198 »

Would it be possible to also add that effect for carrier menu (like TCs, wagons, etc.), so that units inside also show the blinking effect? This is useful for garrisoned units with buffs and builders inside TCs with mineral cart buff, for example.

Also I still think minimum alpha shouldn't be 0, because that makes it harder to screenshot the game to show the effects, since they might be barely visible or not visible at all at the time of the screenshot (like that axe thrower with hero song example earlier in the topic, you can barely see the hero song icon).

I've also changed my mind about the blinking frequency, the current one actually fits quite nicely imo.

Overall, this has already saved me a lot of time from not having to check unit info every time I need to know which units need their effects to be refreshed soon, so a really nice addition :D (and also fast: it went from initial idea to current iteration being in dev version in what, 4 days? o.O)
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Would it be possible to also add that effect for carrier menu (like TCs, wagons, etc.), so that units inside also show the blinking effect? This is useful for garrisoned units with buffs and builders inside TCs with mineral cart buff, for example.
only in unity version - tha android dialog soes not support any anymation.

Also I still think minimum alpha shouldn't be 0, because that makes it harder to screenshot the game to show the effects, since they might be barely visible or not visible at all at the time of the screenshot (like that axe thrower with hero song example earlier in the topic, you can barely see the hero song icon).
for screenshots? that is not that important feature to change look imho - but maybe that is just me :)

it was fast in as i also struggled with it but i have not realized what bothers me, this topic opened my eyes lol :)
b2198

Post by b2198 »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:14 pm only in unity version - tha android dialog soes not support any anymation.
Oh, I see.
Stratego (dev) wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:14 pm for screenshots? that is not that important feature to change look imho - but maybe that is just me :)
That could also be just me, idk.
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".

Return to “Gameplay & UI”