Add a general way to only move, without attacking

Suggestions about the gameplay, the controls, buttons and so on.
b2198

Add a general way to only move, without attacking

Post by b2198 »

This improvement would improve a lot the way things are captured, for example:
S -> swordsman
B -> enemy bridge
W -> water
G -> ground
E -> enemy unit

Code: Select all

WSW
WBW
GEG
The swordsman here has no way of attacking the enemy and capturing the bridge, because it can only attack the bridge (destroying it), instead of capturing it.

This problem also affects archers, for example:
A -> archer
B -> enemy bridge
W -> water
G -> ground

Code: Select all

GAG
WBW
WBW
WBW
GGG
The archer has no way of getting to the other side without attacking at least one of the bridges, and in some cases, destroying them, resulting in it not being able to go through at all.

I've done some testing, and it seems that if the unit has any ability (from the ones I tested) that can't target the bridge it can move (and capture) the bridge without attacking it, by selecting the ability, them double-tapping on the bridge to move, so maybe this behavior could be extended in a more generic way? I was thinking about something like the toggle button for builders that change their mode from move/"attack" to build and vice-versa, maybe by adding that button to all units and toggling between move/attack, only move, and (for builders) build?
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".
b2198

Re: Add a general way to only move, without attacking

Post by b2198 »

This would not improve only bridges, it would also improve ruined fortresses, viking ships and mines. (and maybe some more that I forgot)
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".

Return to “Gameplay & UI”