72 hours before skip option IMPLEMENTED

Suggestions about the gameplay, the controls, buttons and so on.
Midonik

72 hours before skip option IMPLEMENTED

Post by Midonik »

We have all the short times before skips that, in practice, only server for malicious skipping, rather than speeding up the games. How about an longer time before the skip? People sometimes have something unexpected, or even expected, that stops them for taking a turn within 24 hours, and I think that's understandable, however many people use their right to skip even if the player is just an hour late. I think 72 hours would allow to prevent skip on player who didn't really adandon the game. I'm not saying to change the default, I'm talking about adding an option.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Badnorth

Re: 72 hours before skip option

Post by Badnorth »

+1

This would really help.
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.
Aral_Yaren

Post by Aral_Yaren »

I vote. There's many AoS regular players who want to enjoy the game, yet ruined by some unpatient players.
There shall be times... when people across the world shall live in peace and harmony through their various diversities. I shall wait for it, even though it costs my life...
Hyuhjhih
Location: Earth, (the part of blue ball and is named India for some reasons)

Post by Hyuhjhih »

🙋🏻‍♂️ my vote
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Design leader of the variants Age of Gods and Age Of Civilization, and live heartedly contributing to AoS.

AoC discord server is up AoC
b2198

Post by b2198 »

My vote too o/

I usually name my matches like "(team configuration) skip when (x days skip)", like "FFA skip when (1d skip)", for a 48h game, so not only 72h, but other options like 36h and 48h would also be really useful : D
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".
phoenixffyrnig

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

Yup, supported. Add in 36, 48, 72
Midonik wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:40 am We have all the short times before skips that, in practice, only server for malicious skipping, rather than speeding up the games.
Exactly that.
I also play an RTS game called Life 8-)
And I also like drinking beer! :D
phoenixffyrnig

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

@TheSenate-_-, this one
I also play an RTS game called Life 8-)
And I also like drinking beer! :D
Aral_Yaren

Post by Aral_Yaren »

A small suggestion: put time limit in full bar (not hidden in the blue more option button) as many times players get tricked to not see in detail the map set.
There shall be times... when people across the world shall live in peace and harmony through their various diversities. I shall wait for it, even though it costs my life...
b2198

Post by b2198 »

Aral_Yaren wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:01 pm A small suggestion: put time limit in full bar (not hidden in the blue more option button) as many times players get tricked to not see in detail the map set.
I agree, turn time is one of the most important settings there, it should be readily visible when checking the match settings, instead of being in a submenu.
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

questions is: is it impoartnt on create or only on joining? i think only on joining
TheSenate-_-

Post by TheSenate-_- »

I fully support the implementation of this into the Game it just makes it more accessible with people who have busier schedules. Games like this are meant to take a long time to complete anyhow just embrace it. 36 48 72 even. I hope the Devs understand that this comes from a place of adoration and not malice, we just want to play too! Us with responsibilities that require more than 24 to attend our turns. Take great care everyone, happy holidays.
TheSenate-_-

Post by TheSenate-_- »

@Stratego (dev) I vote for the option when starting the game it should be a base option when selecting how long the turns are/can be before a skip can be initiated. Of course if it can't be implemented that way I atleast am open to any alternative anything is better than what we have going on now.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok

changes:
<12h settings are deprecated.
new values: 36, 48, 72 hours.

in next update will be in.

(IMPORTANT! DEV version users must not make multiplayer game with the new values until it is published! - will cause charshes!)

Return to “Gameplay & UI”