Religious Tech: Revelation

Aral_Yaren

Religious Tech: Revelation

Post by Aral_Yaren »

Hi, I have a thought about a new tech. May I suggest it?

Revelation

Description: by faithly believe that they had divine revelation, religious units are more eager to do their sacred mandate.

Cost: 8 turn
Production: Monastery
Requirement: Persuasion
Use: giving Convincers +1 conversion range

I hope this ll open discussion.
Keep healthy and happy folks :D
There shall be times... when people across the world shall live in peace and harmony through their various diversities. I shall wait for it, even though it costs my life...
Badnorth

Re: Religious Tech: Revelation

Post by Badnorth »

Hmm, seems overpowered in my opinion.
Melee convincers can be annoying with this in it.
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.
Hyuhjhih
Location: Earth, (the part of blue ball and is named India for some reasons)

Post by Hyuhjhih »

QuadrupoleStrat wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:38 am Hmm, seems overpowered in my opinion.
Melee convincers can be annoying with this in it.
Not bad i think. Cost 8 is fair. And meele convincers, what's annoying? We have basic 20% 30% 55% convincers in game. Well almost all of them have better low hp, if i exclude teutonic convincers. Considering teutons, yeah maybe a little annoying. But the whole concept turns upside down if the opponent have loyalty packed up.
So I can't see any bad here.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Design leader of the variants Age of Gods and Age Of Civilization, and live heartedly contributing to AoS.

AoC discord server is up AoC
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

I for one use the priests and knows how useful they are, especially early on in the game. With priest already having a considerable cast range and one of the highest conversion chance in the game, if revelation tech added it can be also annoying even with the tech loyalty. You see, loyalty is only useful because it prevents siding your unfaithful troops with the enemy, but it will make your unit 1hp only. 1+ more range can put more advantages, conversion wise. Store priests, Teutonic knights and other foot convincers in siege towers and you'll know what I mean.

As for what I meant about melee convincers e.g. The teutons being annoying, it is because they originally had 1 conversion range and if doubled, yes it can be slightly annoying.

But overall I'm not totally against the original idea, it just seems overpowered.
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.
Aral_Yaren

Post by Aral_Yaren »

Hi Hyu, Quadrupolestrat

1. My initial thought of Convincers benefiting Revelation is those non military units (forgive us, oh Father Teutons) ;)

2. It's that i realise that Priest upgrade not adding additional hp that I eager to suggest this. Yes, Prayer gives +1/1 armor. However, hp boost for low hp units is more viable and needed.

3. It also comes into account that we have to sacrifice not only +1 Castle slot for Monastery, but also Worker's times while they are supposed to play support-battle role just for this tech. And by 8 turns researched, an estimation may comes into more then 10 turns from building Monastery to complete Revelation. In mid battle, that's (imho) rough.

4. This tech should enhance Monastery contra Castle, which is currently easy to say which one is the boss (I wonder how many people will delete his Monastery after Revelation completed just to get their precious +1 Castle slot back)

5. In my first hand experienced (only a couple months, so I'm sorry not to be compared with any veterans here) Loyalty still gives a pretty slight chance of getting successful conversion (in one of my games, a player successfully converted one of mt Cavalier with it's remaining 21 hp while I had researched Loyalty 8 turns before.).

6. I think we can agree that losing a unit to his grave (only by greatest luck may we save that fellas) is better than losing a unit to conversion.

That's my thought, keep healthy folks
There shall be times... when people across the world shall live in peace and harmony through their various diversities. I shall wait for it, even though it costs my life...
Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

apply only to healers?
I swore to protect and lead a great order that seeks enlightenment, I was chosen by the great star and I will pour out his fury against anyone who declares himself an enemy!
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

I actually think it could be quite interesting to implement this.
Teuton ability range could be boosted by separate tech (e.g. requiring this one).
Age of Strategy design leader
phoenixffyrnig

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

Given that the usefulness of conversion units can be reduced more than half by a 7 turn tech, I don't think it is too much to ask to have their usefulness boosted by an 8 turn tech...if anything, might even be too expensive.
I also play an RTS game called Life 8-)
And I also like drinking beer! :D

Return to “Techs”