Some Suggestions

Rotholz

Some Suggestions

Post by Rotholz »

-Cavalry Charge
Cavalry units get +1 power for each ally cavalry unit next to them.
Cost: 6

-Wolfsbane
Scouts get an additional ability that uses up an action to poison an enemy, stopping healing for 2 turns.
Cost: 4

-Tyranny
Can send a soldier to a mercenary to intimidate them into staying loyal, but making them demoralized.

-Admirable Ruler
Peasants have a naturally high morale.
Cost: 4

-Binoculars
Scouts get 3 extra sight
Cost: 3

-Wardrums
Drummer demoralizes nearby enemies.
The brave man wins.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: Some Suggestions

Post by Stratego (dev) »

as i see non of these needs any coding. it is configurable already in unit datasheets.
Rotholz

Post by Rotholz »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:45 pm as i see non of these needs any coding. it is configurable already in unit datasheets.
That's great to hear! Will any of these ideas get into the game and are they balanced? I'd gladly do the textures for all of them :)
The brave man wins.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

we need to wait for Endru's opinion and assistance, i just replied about code modification is not needed for this.
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Cavalry charge - something similar is already planned by me. I want to add strategist something building, which will have researchable auras applicable to various unit types
- archers salvo (+power)
- big shields infantry shield wall (+both armors)
- small shield infantry shield over head (+pierce armor)
- heavy cavalry triangle formation (+power, + melee armor)
- light cavalry coordinated dodge (+ pierce armor)
It's on the end of todo list, as it's been only an idea.

Wolfsbane - great idea, maybe I'll put it in one of the next planned buildings - small 1x1 or castle-like 3x2 monastery. Maybe giving the ability to some other units (all light cavalry) should ld be considered.

Tyranny - it would need specifing the soldier. If added to most units it'll make action left indicator useless (greyed out units).

Admirable ruler -basically peasant +1power, +1/1 armors boost. I feel it could be done without using high morale at all. Well, maybe changing +1/1 armors to +2 hp. It would make sense, that good ruler makes peasants well fed and stronger.

Binocuars - too modern name. It coud be telescope instead. Besides definitely not on scouts, as they rely on smell to search for enemy (visuals of dog indicates dog usage).
Age of Strategy design leader
Rotholz

Post by Rotholz »

Endru1241 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:35 am Cavalry charge - something similar is already planned by me. I want to add strategist something building, which will have researchable auras applicable to various unit types
- archers salvo (+power)
- big shields infantry shield wall (+both armors)
- small shield infantry shield over head (+pierce armor)
- heavy cavalry triangle formation (+power, + melee armor)
- light cavalry coordinated dodge (+ pierce armor)
It's on the end of todo list, as it's been only an idea.

Wolfsbane - great idea, maybe I'll put it in one of the next planned buildings - small 1x1 or castle-like 3x2 monastery. Maybe giving the ability to some other units (all light cavalry) should ld be considered.

Tyranny - it would need specifing the soldier. If added to most units it'll make action left indicator useless (greyed out units).

Admirable ruler -basically peasant +1power, +1/1 armors boost. I feel it could be done without using high morale at all. Well, maybe changing +1/1 armors to +2 hp. It would make sense, that good ruler makes peasants well fed and stronger.

Binocuars - too modern name. It coud be telescope instead. Besides definitely not on scouts, as they rely on smell to search for enemy (visuals of dog indicates dog usage).
The idea with Admirable Ruler was that peasants are more enthusiastic to fight for you, because you are, well, admirable and good, so a bonus to their power is primarily what I'd go for, but giving them extra HP for being well-treated is good as well.
Tyranny I wanted to work on strong/scary units, like the Persian Immortal, Hungarian Hussar, etc because they're unlikely to be intimidated by a peasant or some common soldier.
Binoculars, or 'Telescope' can be used by archers instead then. It makes sense in my opinion

I'm glad that wolfsbane will get implemented, but you forgot Wardrums!
The brave man wins.
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

That's right.
It's great idea too.
Only two things about it - which building could research it and what counterpart ability could be given to roman aeanator.
Aeanators were responsible for various sound based communications, marching coordination was only one of them.

About telescope - archers already have enough sight, giving them more would make others lack.
Maybe just +1 to all foot units.
Rotholz

Post by Rotholz »

Endru1241 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:43 pm That's right.
It's great idea too.
Only two things about it - which building could research it and what counterpart ability could be given to roman aeanator.
Aeanators were responsible for various sound based communications, marching coordination was only one of them.

About telescope - archers already have enough sight, giving them more would make others lack.
Maybe just +1 to all foot units.
Your telescope balancing sounds good to me personally, but I'd personally decrease the upgrade cost for it to make up for such a small bonus.
The upgrades would be made in advancement centers.

Senators(I assume you meant that) could get this:
Latin Chanting
Increases marching speed of big formations, specifically that of the roman formation upgrade by 1. That'd allow big infantry formations to move a bit quicker, and would make sense since chanting is used to keep a rhythm in marching soldier's movements. Chanting also usually instills pride in one's country due to the lyrics, so if you don't like infantry having up to 4 speed with this upgrade, you can give them more power instead, since they'd fight harder to defend the pride of their country
The brave man wins.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Nope. He meant exactly "Aenator" - roman variant of drummer but with wind instrument (lite truphet).
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Just like makazuwr said I ment Aenator (really aēneātor) - I always somehow misspell their name.
They are represented in the game by the buccinator image - long curved brass truphet.
They are drummer counterpart specific to roman armies - so they have aura with +1 speed for roman units.
Rotholz

Post by Rotholz »

Endru1241 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:52 pm Just like makazuwr said I ment Aenator (really aēneātor) - I always somehow misspell their name.
They are represented in the game by the buccinator image - long curved brass truphet.
They are drummer counterpart specific to roman armies - so they have aura with +1 speed for roman units.
Oh, I never actually found that unit, so I wouldn't have known, but I believed making them increase the power of allied units would make sense. Perhaps they'd have the same demoralizing effect as the drummer would with wardrums, since Latin Chanting is pretty damn intimidating
The brave man wins.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

For moralising romans have centurions.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

There was a suggestion for upgrading adv. Centre, it could have access to some of the techs here
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Rotholz

Post by Rotholz »

makazuwr32 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:22 pm For moralising romans have centurions.
Well, we didn't talk about a moralising unit or effect for the romans at all
The brave man wins.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Rotholz wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:14 pm
makazuwr32 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:22 pm For moralising romans have centurions.
Well, we didn't talk about a moralising unit or effect for the romans at all
I mean that centurions give 2 offencive buffs for roman units around - both for +1 to attack and +1/+1 to both armors if nothing was changed.

I see no reasons because of that why this aenator should give same buff. And if he will give different one than it could become rather unbalanced unless you will something remove from centurion which will lead also to rebalancing his stats and cost as well......

I am personally against this but let's see what will say endru.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

I have an idea - Aenator could have second researchable in roman garrison buff similar to fervor - good communication in legion could provide better attacks and make conversion harder.

Latin chanting doesn't fit imho. Latin sounds much softer to my ears than e.g. german.
Rotholz

Post by Rotholz »

Endru1241 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:02 pm I have an idea - Aenator could have second researchable in roman garrison buff similar to fervor - good communication in legion could provide better attacks and make conversion harder.

Latin chanting doesn't fit imho. Latin sounds much softer to my ears than e.g. german.
Opposite for me, German sounds really soft unless exaggerated and Latin sounds rough yet elegant. Chanting in latin creates an atmosphere unlike any other language, which is why I think it'd fit. It's easy to see how this is just up to taste. Making the conversion harder is quite a good suggestion, and would make sense first and foremost.
The brave man wins.

Return to “Techs”