Chivalry and New Mercenary Hiring

SirPat

Chivalry and New Mercenary Hiring

Post by SirPat »

Chivalry tech Can be invented in the Church, Cathedral, or tc

Gives the ability Pay mercenary to Templars hospitallers and Teutonic Knights and Starts with 5 charges To get a charge you need to Destroy the ff

Normal buildings- 1 charge
Fortified buildings- 2 charges
Mega buildings- 4 charges
And maybe
Loot ability for corpses or killing unit- 1 charge

1 charge is equivalent to 7 turns of "Hired effect"
No more vanishing effect and if Hired effect is gone thay transform into a Retired/Un hired version of them(different unit)

The Idea is that You will use this ability on only Pheasant's and mercenaries like Genoese

When Pheasant gets paid by Templar or Teutonic knight Pheasant will transform into crusader that have Hired effect 10/15 turns on them

If Crusaders destroyed any of the given buildings above multiply the amount charge by 7 turns giving the crusaders more turns of hired effect ( Idea: Crusader loots the building or Corpse to be rich and join for a longer time Like in real life)

If a Hospitaller pays a pheasant it becomes to a crusader archer same with mounted templar it will make the pheasant to a mounted crusader

If hired effect run out or turns to 0 crusader etc. Turns back to a pheasant

If mercenary like genoese ran out of hired effect he turns to a retired version of him (new unit)
Or
He gets an effect retired which makes his attack to 0 and 1 range making him unable to fight for you
Retired effect is forever unless paid again

Money couriers can also hire mercenaries by paying pheasants to be a crusaders or maybe a new mercenary like a body gaurd for money couriers

And Ariers known as Riches that upgrades crusaders to there upgrade

And that's what you call "Chivalry"
Thank you very much
-SirPat
I am Pat :>

I barely visit the forums, but when I do and u saw me reading your post. Expect a whole paragraph to be released about your topic. well except if I like your idea and the idea is perfect as it is, if so ill give u my support
StormSaint373

Re: Chivalry and New Mercenary Hiring

Post by StormSaint373 »

That's... Actually. . . Really good!

I like that idea!

Gives more purpose to cost 1 peasants.
Beware the calm before the Tempest. . .
SirPat

Post by SirPat »

Thanks for reading and liking my idea

Do you think it has potential to be inplemented in the game
All we need left are
Images for the effects
Research cost
Json's
Ideas of the other forumers
And Devs magical powers to implement :lol:

I barely visit the forums, but when I do and u saw me reading your post. Expect a whole paragraph to be released about your topic. well except if I like your idea and the idea is perfect as it is, if so ill give u my support
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

1. Right now we have no way to use any charges (there would have to be some bogus stat on unit).
2. That idea lacks costs.
Right no the only way to get new/improved units is factory buildings and workers (and anything from workers is hard to balance).
In this suggestion the only real cost is research. After that any religious order unit becomes "factory unit" (like worker), as they improve units virtually for free.
There are problems with that:
- templars, hospitallers and teutons are all pretty strong already. Wouldn't it be too much if they got another ability?
- they are all quite resilent (aside teutons, they are among units with greatest survival ability), while the only other "factory unit" (worker) is really weak and needs to be protected.
- it can be viewed as overly complicated, as it actually brings another resource to the game, but concentrated on single units (charges) and additionally limited time transformations, rules for unit upgrades. It would need to be simplified somehow.
Age of Strategy design leader
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Well maybe making specific fighter + "worker" unit that requires this tech and is extremly costly (like 8-10 turns cost) maybe? Not for regular templars and other church units.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

It's still quite complicated.
And we lack couter, that could be used for charges.
Age of Strategy design leader
SirPat

Post by SirPat »

About a cooldown if charge mechanic isnt possible

Return to “Techs”