Roman techs IMPLEMENTED

MRkimchi

Roman techs IMPLEMENTED

Post by MRkimchi »

Technology 1 : Legion tactics ( only affects Roman Legion of course)
Cost:6
Each surrounded friendly Roman Legion give +1 pierce armour to that Legion
Technology 2:Fast Recruit
Cost:10
Reduce the cost of Roman Legion to 3(As they are late game weak)
Technology 3:Tactical cooperation ( affects any auxiliaries)
Cost:6
Increases the attack of auxiliaries(+2) if there are legion nearby
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Re: Roman techs

Post by DoomCarrot »

Not entirely sure what you mean by this, but I think I suggested something similar a while back, where each legionairre would gain +1 armour for each adjacent legionairre, as a sort of shield wall thing. Btw I don’t think that tech idea got enough attention lol, so I am glad you posted this. Roman legionairres could really use a cool tech, especially to compensate for their expensiveness.
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

DoomCarrot wrote:Not entirely sure what you mean by this, but I think I suggested something similar a while back, where each legionairre would gain +1 armour for each adjacent legionairre, as a sort of shield wall thing. Btw I don’t think that tech idea got enough attention lol, so I am glad you posted this. Roman legionairres could really use a cool tech, especially to compensate for their expensiveness.
Actually, "Legion Training," saw nothing but support. I say we should add that to the vote to make them actual unique units.
OLÉ
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Agreed :) Romans still need a buff or two to make them a viable competitive strategy.
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
Belfry777

Post by Belfry777 »

I know this is a little old, but Roman infantry were very advanced because of their many many skills, such as building defenses, farming and carrying all of their provisions with them. Julius Caesar had his men build galleys to cross the British channel for crying out loud! So I think we should have a tech that allows the Romans to build palisades and transport ships. Hey it's just a historical idea. Thanks! :)
A thousand may fall at your side,
And ten thousand at your right hand;
But it shall not come near you.
Only with your eyes shall you look,
And see the reward of the wicked.
HugoTheUseles

Post by HugoTheUseles »

And maybe sone weak traps like the poisen traps in aof.
Romans sometimes build traps that had spikes with hooks in them - anti cav ditches - an genberally movement limiting obsticles.
Gral.Sturnn

Post by Gral.Sturnn »

+1
~Gral.Sturnn
b2198

Post by b2198 »

@Stratego (dev) The original suggestion was changed quite a bit from the last post to the implementation, but most of its ideas are actually in the game now, so should it be marked as "IMPLEMENTED"?
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".

Return to “Techs”