Architecture

Sombrar +1

Architecture

Post by Sombrar +1 »

Good night, I wanted to post an idea I had about the construction of mega structures, this technology would basically block their construction until it was researched.

Description: " With the expansion of empires, kings and lords thought of ways to establish control of a territory more widely while still being secure, so, at the request of the leaders, the builders had the work of designing structures that would allow them to do the administration and defense efficiently, giving rise to these centers or mega structures.

Need: Ambidexterity and Masonry to search

It can take around 5 to 7 turns
godOfKings

Re: Architecture

Post by godOfKings »

So putting mega behind a long line of about 15 turns of tech then more 15 turns of worker production?
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Sombrar +1

Post by Sombrar +1 »

Just a moment, just correcting a mistake of mine, better that it was only necessary ambidexterity to do the research, the idea would be to make the megas a little more valuable even as the strong I think both are constructions that should need a higher level of construction given how time consuming and complicated it would be to do something like this, so needing a study on how to create such buildings, the technology can also be researched both in the city center and in the advancement center.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

In a way its like aoe how u transition from feudal age to castle age and then unlock castle production
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Sombrar +1

Post by Sombrar +1 »

The idea is similar to how you thought, the construction and use of these places should be blocked until a study is carried out allowing the planning of large areas where it happens important work in a way,which would give the idea of ​​moving to the era of castles and forts, large spaces focused on managing and defending more efficiently,as well as the use of new construction equipment would allow making these centers faster and more efficiently, making sense of the need for ambidexterity,because before, in a way, it would not have been a difficult idea to implement.
b2198

Post by b2198 »

Might be an interesting idea, as that could lock the main defensive structures, like castles and forts, but also they main counters: trebuchets. So the early game would be way more chaotic, giving early rush strategies more space and time to work with. They'd probably need a slight construction aff buff if this were to be implemented, so that after that delay it would be a little easier to make them.

This would probably be done anyway if/when Age Techs are implemented, so I don't think it's a bad idea at all to do it like this before that happens.
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Wait we got age techs being planned?

Sombrar +1

Post by Sombrar +1 »

Good thing it can be a viable idea, in a way it can also be I think it should decrease the construction time as a compensation,it would also increase the chances of a rush tactic and the use of factions that are good at the start and get weaker as the game goes on
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

In that sense, wat about making the aztec swordman upgrade b a tech that upgrades all aztec units and they all have a 2nd tier better units at the same time, i guess it would include aztec swordsman, spearman, archer, may b clubman, like all aztecs advancing in age at the same time, the tech cost should also b low 4 turns making it that they can reach 2nd tier stats too quickly but dont have 3rd tier so will b much weak on late games?

Sombrar +1

Post by Sombrar +1 »

In my point of view, if this architecture idea is accepted, the improvement of Aztec units might be possible, as they would have more game time as well as making it look like they were trying to improve as much as possible to face enemies with more armor and much more trained
Sombrar +1

Post by Sombrar +1 »

Good morning, just returning to this thread to add an image if the idea becomes viable.
tech_architecture .png
tech_architecture .png (2.14 KiB) Viewed 501 times

Return to “Techs”