effect: all knights get +2 attack, +1 speed
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus...
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
phoenixffyrnig

Re: new tech: squires

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

L4cus wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:16 pm requirements: all knights upgrades techs
Even with that serious amount of requirements, I feel it's too much reward for a low cost tech. Universal speed boost doesn't sit right with me at all I'm afraid.

I like the idea, but not as a tech - how about as a buffer unit with time out effects? So a knight could be "squired" for x turns by the squire buff
+1 speed because a squire looks after fresh and different steeds
Bonus to attack because a squire would ensure his knight has the right weapon to hand for each situation
Boni to armours for obvious reasons that it's being looked after.
I also play an RTS game called Life 8-)
And I also like drinking beer! :D
L4cus

Post by L4cus »

when squired the knight could be healed as well...since squires used to take harmed horses and help the wounded knight...
also, i like the idea of making it a buffer unit...
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
phoenixffyrnig

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

Haha, I'm in a couple of chat groups with some of the old timers of this game, and a couple of those grizzled veterans seem to miss the old days when it was all so simple and there wasn't a huge amount of unit choice.

Me, I came along almost 2 years ago - judging by the upgrade tree, that was shortly after things started to expand and develop big time, and I love the almost endless possibilities. When there are so many different choices then there is never going to be one "right" way, the "best" way - it simply cannot exist with so many variables. Having a million and one different options elevates this game, imo, from a science into an art. 8-)
I also play an RTS game called Life 8-)
And I also like drinking beer! :D
L4cus

Post by L4cus »

plus the annoying spells with a low chance of happening, everything becomes random
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

phoenixffyrnig wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:46 am Haha, I'm in a couple of chat groups with some of the old timers of this game, and a couple of those grizzled veterans seem to miss the old days when it was all so simple and there wasn't a huge amount of unit choice.

Me, I came along almost 2 years ago - judging by the upgrade tree, that was shortly after things started to expand and develop big time, and I love the almost endless possibilities. When there are so many different choices then there is never going to be one "right" way, the "best" way - it simply cannot exist with so many variables. Having a million and one different options elevates this game, imo, from a science into an art. 8-)
ya i love the new style even if i m getting my butt kicked at the moment :mrgreen: too many uncertainties, nothing goes how u planned, all the serious and complex planners just getting shredded by reckless rushers nowadays
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

It's kind of a very strong technology, I don't want to say I didn't like it but it's going to be quite unbalanced. some basic requirements for it could be loyalty and was exclusively to be researched in the high castle with 7 cost.
I swore to protect and lead a great order that seeks enlightenment, I was chosen by the great star and I will pour out his fury against anyone who declares himself an enemy!

Return to “Techs”