linothorax IMPLEMENTED

L4cus

linothorax IMPLEMENTED

Post by L4cus »

an cheap an effective lino-based armour developed by hellenic realms used by both cavalry and infantry units...
this tech would be reasearched at hellenic structure (coming soon i supose) and would have this effect
cost 4
armour +0/+1
affeting only hellenic units (maybe some units of the bronze greek age would be affected like spartan hoplite)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linothorax
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus...
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
Morningwarrior

Re: linothorax

Post by Morningwarrior »

it's a beginning
I swore to protect and lead a great order that seeks enlightenment, I was chosen by the great star and I will pour out his fury against anyone who declares himself an enemy!
Sombrar +1

Post by Sombrar +1 »

Good morning, just trying to revive this topic, considering that the Hellenics currently have almost no technologies of their own, this idea could work for them as a small buff.
Linothorax .png
Linothorax .png (2.78 KiB) Viewed 497 times
Considering that it was armor widely used by the Hellenic and other cultures, probably due to its lower cost and higher production, it was also reasonably good at protecting soldiers, given the information is more likely to be a better fit as technology to enhance Hellenic light and medium infantry such as: Citizen Hoplite; Light hoplite and Ekdromoi.

As it was somewhat lighter armor than that of the times, although it was replaced some time later by better and cheaper iron armor made by the Romans, it could give more +1 melee and piercing armor or just +1 piercing armor and would cost 4~5 when researched only in the Hellenic building.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Is the image 32x32?
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Sombrar +1

Post by Sombrar +1 »

No, it is 64x64 as requested for technology images.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

@Endru1241 @DreJaDe do u guys think greek need this armor as they r currently? (Mentioning drejade since he played with greek before)
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Not sure if they need more armor given that their army can be over inflated already... Maybe HP increase instead?
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Implemented to affect [Medium Armored][Hellenic] only with 15% extra hp and +0/1 armors.
Age of Strategy design leader

Return to “Techs”