Viking Longboats

godOfKings

Viking Longboats

Post by godOfKings »

A tech that gives viking ship +1 carry capacity allowing player to combine a defensive infantry and damage dealing archer in the same ship so it is more difficult to kill a viking ship, goes well with huskarls and axe throwers

Cost: 4 turns
Builder: Nordic Hall

+1 carry capacity for viking ships

The vikings have expanded their ships to b able to carry more soldiers to prepare for their invasion
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Morningwarrior

Re: Viking Longboats

Post by Morningwarrior »

Looks perfect
I swore to protect and lead a great order that seeks enlightenment, I was chosen by the great star and I will pour out his fury against anyone who declares himself an enemy!
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

I think Endru explained that 2 Carry Space on Viking Ships isn't balanced, somewhere in the forum. Not really sure.
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Giving it more carry space would allow for tc-like defence tactics.
I wouldn't ever want to see fire archer hidden behind hoplite.
As for the cost change for 5 - I am not sure it's really needed.
Longships have unique properties, which allows for unconventional tactics - it has it's use.
-Endru.
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

How? Viking ship isnt difficult to beat, just a trireme and a row boat carrying swordsman is enough to capture 1 viking ship, if 2 capacity viking ship is op then wat about 3 cap siege tower or 4 cap galleon?

And viking ship costs 6 turns to make

1 ballista ship alone can kill most infantry, how much op can viking ship b with 2 infantry inside?

There is also cannon ships
Last edited by godOfKings on Thu May 27, 2021 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

I dont think fire archer hidden behind 31 hp hoplite is more op than 3-4 fire archers hidden behind 100+ hp siege tower or galleon

DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

I kinda agree with godofking.

If I have to say, being able to build them by workers would be even more nice.

After all, later ships with cannon would make them pretty obsolete so I'd say it's already alright for them to have some tweakings.
Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

in fact the Viking ship is much weaker, despite having the ability to assault, to manage to carry a troop, it is very weak in terms and expensive, an improvement of this type would already help
I swore to protect and lead a great order that seeks enlightenment, I was chosen by the great star and I will pour out his fury against anyone who declares himself an enemy!
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

actually axe throwers r really good against ships so viking ship with axe throwers will b fun to use

Return to “Techs”