fire barrel/ sea mine IMPLEMENTED

cakidtraptinid

fire barrel/ sea mine IMPLEMENTED

Post by cakidtraptinid »

Im not a big water map kind of guy but there are no water defenses. What if there was a ship you could put a builder in to go build fire barrels. They would be visible to all players and be impassable like regular units So you could set up a sort of sea wall to protect a coastline. Sort of a one time use tower. Proposed stats

Hp5
Damage 10 plus fire damage that is cumulative like fire archer

No armor or ranged armor

Range of 1 with splash damage to the 4 adjacent squares to the fire barrel. can be detinated by player to hit nearby ship that didnt attack it

If attacked and killed, guaranteed counter attack.

Main purpose is to block off transports without fire support
Darkknight

Re: fire barrel/ sea mine

Post by Darkknight »

5 hp is too weak. 40 hp is good
cakidtraptinid

Post by cakidtraptinid »

Was saying only 5hp because a transport cant kill it but a warship could. The idea i had was more or less protecting a flank from transport drop offs that are not protected with some fire support. Or kill units on the coastline
silentz27

Post by silentz27 »

Its a unit or a structure?? When its a structure this will only create in borderline of water and land because worker cannot swim and created things in middle of the water :D and cannot put that when its inside of transport
Have a nice day everyone
cakidtraptinid

Post by cakidtraptinid »

silentz27 wrote:Its a unit or a structure?? When its a structure this will only create in borderline of water and land because worker cannot swim and created things in middle of the water :D and cannot put that when its inside of transport
I was thinking the fire barrel/sea mine would be a structure. something a builder could make from a transport,or possibly a new unit like a barge that only holds builders but lets them build at sea
silentz27

Post by silentz27 »

Haha its a trap again XD so you will put it on structure
Have a nice day everyone
cakidtraptinid

Post by cakidtraptinid »

More or less a trap i guess. But i wanted it to be visable by all players. Wat thinking of it more like a tower/assassin combo
Darkknight

Post by Darkknight »

But hp 5 is too weak. 5 hits by transport and it will break. Make build time 4 turns and increase hp to 15
Belfry777

Post by Belfry777 »

Hey every one I know of a ancient trap for ships! It probly was not used but it is worth a shot.

It was basically a L shape thing that sat at the bottom of a port that whenever set off it would swing around cutting a hole in the ship.
A thousand may fall at your side,
And ten thousand at your right hand;
But it shall not come near you.
Only with your eyes shall you look,
And see the reward of the wicked.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i would like to improve the water fleet in AOS, anyone try to make image+json for this?

i have found evidence from 14th century :
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huolongjing
A naval mine system known as the 'marine dragon-king' (shui di long wang pao) from the Huolongjing. The trigger mechanism consists of a floating incense stick which lights the fuse once it finishes burning. The fuse travels through a passage of goats' intestines and ignites the submerged explosives made of wrought iron.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: fire barrel/ sea mine IMPLEMENTED

Post by Stratego (dev) »

it is in, i called it Floating petard

Return to “Unit - water (ships)”