Panokseon

DreJaDe

Panokseon

Post by DreJaDe »

Panokseon ("board roofed" ship) was an oar and sail propelled ship that was the main class of warship used by Joseon during the late 16th century. The first ship of this class was constructed in 1555.

A panokseon could carry at least 20 cannons, but usually carried more (maybe up to 50). Since the hulls of Korean warships were strong enough, moreover, they were able to carry a large number of long-range cannons.

Honestly, I don't know how to calculate it's stats. It was built on big numbers also, They seem to have even built more of this than the turtle ships but... It's capabilities is just way too much compared to a turtle ship so idk how to calculate it's cost.
godOfKings

Re: Panokseon

Post by godOfKings »

Could b similar to war caravel, upgrading turtle ship will unlock this with 1 more turn cost than turtle ship
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

I kinda don't want it to just be an upgrade for the turtle ships as they aren't really the same. Their use is also different plus their armaments and strengths.

In history, they also were used alongside them though I do understand that this one point isn't really relevant to AOS considering some of the units in the game.
b2198

Post by b2198 »

I don't think he meant it as an upgrade, just as a related unit that's unlocked by upgrading another, just like War Caravels are unlocked by upgrading Barcha Longa to Caravel.
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

It will cost 7 turns and will b similar upgraded triremes but lower health and high dmg cannon shot, but slightly low range, may b 1 more than turtle ship
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
L4cus

Post by L4cus »

dre what is ur idea about this ship...i mean, stats, requirements, will it have an upgrade? what role will it have?
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus...
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Cost: 6 turn
Not worker buildable
If buildable then 7-8

Same reasoning as before. They are built more numerous than Turtle ships.

Hp: 60
I'm kinda conflicted with its health since it's said to be quite sturdy though I don't know how will it really fare against Carrack. Paneokson should have been the same size as most Carrack of the same century though.

Attack: 7
Range: 5

I don't know how other ships do it but I thought this could have a unique attack by using gunpowder soldiers instead of normal arrows (they copied from the Japanese).

Armor
Melee: 2
Range: 6

Speed: 4

They're quite fast and agile (They said that it having so many oars man put it in great advantage in terms of speed) though I don't know how to properly calculate their speed.

Turns: 2

It's said that it can turn on its place quite fast. And it having 20-50 cannons, I would assume that they can really put up a good cannon volley.

Ability:
Cannon shot
(Same as galleon)

Bonus
I actually want the same bonus as gunners (that -4 things) but... They only work against flesh and blood.
I actually don't know know what advantage they should have.

I don't know how to categorize it.
Maybe as great ship?
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Whats wrong with a 7 turn cost ship that is better than turtle ship? This one's stat is worse than upgraded turtle ship and i see no reason y any one in aos would make a ship with this stat when same turn cost upgraded turtle ship is better

Just follow my idea instead, check stat of upgraded turtle ship then make a 7 turn cost version that is either slightly stronger than the upgraded turtle ship or slightly weaker (due to large size) but has basic cannon shot attack with may b 5-6 range and 2 actions due to multiple cannons

And both versions require the upgrading turtle ship tech to unlock (in order to simulate the advancement of era from turtle ships to panokseon)

Elite turtle ship:
Cost: 6
Hp: 92
Atk: 14
Range: 3
Armor: 13
P.armor: 9
Speed: 4
Sight: 5

Cannon shot ability dmg: 13
Ability range: 4

Now make a 7 turn cost version ship based on the stat above (but has to b BETTER than the turtle ship since it costs 1 more turn)

DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Panokseon isn't an upgrade from turtle ship.

Rather, panokseon ships are used to create Turtle ships.

My POV here is more based on history while trying to balance it based on what's in game.

For me, it's hard to make it a 7 turn ship considering that I read somewhere that turtle ships costs more than panokseon (maybe due to the turtling).

Of course, it's open to suggestion. I'm just stating my mindset when I suggested this.

Maybe I'll try to make some changes later. Idk.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Isnt panokseon a larger ship with more cannons and firepower than turtle ship?

So wat r u actually thinking? Panokseon will b weaker and cheaper than turtle ship? Stronger and more expensive than turtle ship?

Or do u mean its same cost, weaker than turtle ship but with may b higher dmg and higher range?

DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

godOfKings wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:17 am Isnt panokseon a larger ship with more cannons and firepower than turtle ship?

So wat r u actually thinking? Panokseon will b weaker and cheaper than turtle ship? Stronger and more expensive than turtle ship?

Or do u mean its same cost, weaker than turtle ship but with may b higher dmg and higher range?
They should have been the same size.
Though, I think Panokseon might have been updated more than turtle ships to accommodate for more arnaments. Maybe also due to limitation of the turtle ships.

It definitely has more cannons as it has more decks.

Basically like what I put in here.
It can have the same hp I guess... I don't know.
It definitely should have longer range and damage than Turtle ship as newer and improved Jeoson cannon were put in Panokseon.

Btw, it also used the Hwacha as a ship weapon so maybe? That might have been too much though.

It might also be OP now, considering now the cannon ship.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Its range and dmg can b lower than cannon ship as cannon ship is 8 turn cost unit.

If same turn cost as turtle ship then definitely something should b lower, but u keep repeating it has both stronger hull and better dmg so i think it could also b 7 turn cost unit with 100+ hp and big ship category like carrack (may b just 100 or 108 hp) and since its armor is not strong like turtle ship so it can have lower armor

DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Panokseon
I want to make it the same size as the turtle ship image in the game but I was confused as hell when I saw the turtle ships so I made some changes and it came bigger.

I don't know if im the one not getting this GOK

The panokseon stats I put here have lower HP, armor, and normal attack than Turtle ships for the same price already. Turtle ship can be upgraded also.

I even considered the historical part where Turtle ships were actually more pricy than Panokseon.

I don't understand why you are saying still that it should have smt lower when I already did just that.

And I did put its range as lower than cannon ship which I said already.

The only advantage it now have is that it has 2 turn attack which isn't even that of an advantage if it can't use it's cannon twice.

If you have a stats idea. I think you should put a more proper one so it's easier to understand.
Attachments
Panokseon.png
Panokseon.png (1015 Bytes) Viewed 636 times
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Ok so what i call action, u call turn, i was confused by what turn meant, but anyways ur stats r same as my second version idea
godOfKings wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:54 am or slightly weaker (due to large size) but has basic cannon shot attack with may b 5-6 range and 2 actions due to multiple cannons

And both versions require the upgrading turtle ship tech to unlock (in order to simulate the advancement of era from turtle ships to panokseon)
So now question is, will it need a tech to simulate advancement of era or just locking behind gun powder tech is enough?

Also if 6 turn unit then Cannon shot will have 1 turn cd (so every turn fires once) and basic atk is same as gunman atk with same bonus so the most important question is dmg and bonus of cannon shot

Since upgraded turtle ship has 13 dmg we could make panokseon dmg may b 16 with same bonus of cannon shot (or if it is locked behind turtle ship upgrading tech instead of gun powder tech than it can have higher dmg, may b 20, same as cannon ship dmg and bonus)

Return to “Unit - water (ships)”