Comanche horseman

Badnorth

Comanche horseman

Post by Badnorth »

Unit description: The Comanche and Shoshone people settled in the Great Plains around 1500 AD. They are widely believed to have been the first people of the Plains to use horses for transportation and war: due to interaction with European colonies and farm horses escaping into the American frontier. They mainly used spears and bows, the spears often tipped with obsidian. With their superior horsemen, they conquered much of the territory between the southern half of Kansas and the northern half of Texas in what was called Comancheria. This made the Comanches one of the largest and most powerful Native American tribes in North America. Their conquest was limited by other strong tribes such as the Apache.
Categories:
Light cavalry, steppe.
Produced at : Stables
Cost: 4
Hp: 23
Att: 8
Spd: 6
Sight: 5
Armor: 0/1
Mental resist:
Bonuses:
[Light cavalry bonuses)
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.
Endru1241

Re: Comanche horseman

Post by Endru1241 »

Too strong power with light cav. bonuses - it's +120%.
Hp also seems high. Light cav has 15->18, here with only +1 cost it suddenly gets + 50% to hp.
Disclaimer: steppe culture is supposed to be either units universal to all steppes wround the world or specific to great steppes of Eurasia.
So this one would be primitive for the moment with possivility to bundle it to american culture in the future if one will be created.
And finally - reading the description, I am not even sure it should be light cavalry - like. For me it sounds more like general mounted warrior type, so just much less armored
with lesser hp knight. It could be presented as knight-lancer hybrid, being primitive culture mounted anti-mounted unit. Or something else entirely.
Light cavalry is universal enough to be put in any culture, so there is no special reason to create cultural versions of it.
Age of Strategy design leader
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Knight x lancer x primitive is fine for me.
Sorry I didn't know light cav bonuses aswell as steppe category. I thought steppe was mostly horses and stuff on plains since Mongol archer and hungarian hussar was there so I added it. Ok how about this stats? Im trying to know balancing.
Produced at : prmitve hut
Affected by tattoos
Categories:
Medium cavalry, primitive
Cost: 4
Hp: 24
Att: 7
Spd: 6
Sight: 5
Armor: 0/1
Mental resist:
Bonuses:
100% Melee foot, archers, siege machines.
120% Mounted
240% Elephants
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

May be helpful - I wrote some about balancing:Balancing 101
Age of Strategy design leader

Return to “Unit - mounted”