Cavalry Lancer

DreJaDe

Cavalry Lancer

Post by DreJaDe »

Since we already have a pilum ability like in Romans (I thought that would be illegal haha :D :D ). Why not add an ability for knights like a Lance ability.

It's a skill given to knight by a tech which would be devastating for infantry and cavalry, but not outright kill them, I guess.

The skill would be a one time use, like make it have a 100 turn cooldown or they can only be replenished by the suggested field blacksmith or when they go back to stables.

I know we already have a lancer unit but that's a throwing javelin is thepurpose of the skirmishers right?
L4cus

Re: Cavalry Lancer

Post by L4cus »

Are you talking about a throwing spear ability for cav?
There are some units topics about it. Check the "jinete" topic.
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus...
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Not a throwing spear but a Lance. Not my expertise but some knights have a disposable Lance right? Then after that they will use the sword. This is what I mean.
L4cus

Post by L4cus »

DreJaDe wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:01 am Not a throwing spear but a Lance. Not my expertise but some knights have a disposable Lance right? Then after that they will use the sword. This is what I mean.
A lance for charges?
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus...
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

L4cus wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:03 am
DreJaDe wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:01 am Not a throwing spear but a Lance. Not my expertise but some knights have a disposable Lance right? Then after that they will use the sword. This is what I mean.
A lance for charges?
Yes
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

DreJaDe wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:05 am Since we already have a pilum ability like in Romans (I thought that would be illegal haha :D :D ). Why not add an ability for knights like a Lance ability.

It's a skill given to knight by a tech which would be devastating for infantry and cavalry, but not outright kill them, I guess.

The skill would be a one time use, like make it have a 100 turn cooldown or they can only be replenished by the suggested field blacksmith or when they go back to stables.

I know we already have a lancer unit but that's a throwing javelin is thepurpose of the skirmishers right?
Well, only elite roman unit can do it.
So by symmetry - there could exist 6 turn cavalry with ability, dealing damage with different specifics.
The problem is with finding exact number of damage, that would be balanced, but the idea is fine.
Age of Strategy design leader
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Endru1241 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:51 pm
DreJaDe wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:05 am Since we already have a pilum ability like in Romans (I thought that would be illegal haha :D :D ). Why not add an ability for knights like a Lance ability.

Well, only elite roman unit can do it.
So by symmetry - there could exist 6 turn cavalry with ability, dealing damage with different specifics.
The problem is with finding exact number of damage, that would be balanced, but the idea is fine.
But, what if we add a pilum ability also for normal Romans? But there's twist, it has less dmg and I guess.. longer cooldown?

About the damage, what can you say about a 1/4 of normal hp of knight, about 8-10. Since HP stands for the armor, HP, skill and stamina. 8-10 would be good since I think knights could still somehow dodge or have the shield block it.

Return to “Unit - mounted”