French heavy cav i dont know the name

Phantomstriker

French heavy cav i dont know the name

Post by Phantomstriker »

Heavy cavary of france that uses lances,sword and axes at the same time are slow for this but great to combat infantry and cavalry
Stats
Cost 6
Hp 40
Damage 10
Armor 3
P armor 5
Speed 4
Sight 4
Heal bonus 1.0
Resistance 100%
Bonus
Melee foot and ranged 50%
Mounted 20%
Siegue machine 20%
Class
Heavy cav anti range anti infantry
Anti mounted
Normaly suported by fast cav and horse archers not sure about the information of the site of search
Last edited by Phantomstriker on Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I like the strategy games i like age of strategy
L4cus

Re: French heavy cav i dont know the name

Post by L4cus »

what are ur sources?
if it comes to france, then "frankish" instead of "french" might work better
when u say he has those weapons, have u cheked if the source says that the knight carried them at the same time? because the most i have heard is about a lance and a secondary rnged weapon, such as bows (shortbows),javelins, pistol or a secondary melee weapon such as axes, swords. never heard about someone carring 3 at the same time
even if they carried all those weapons, u can see how units are simplified, like pikeman. pikemen didnt only carry their pikes, actually they could drop the pike to take their swords and fight. but thats that. they were secondary weapons. so just focus on a role and give the unit the most acuarate representation as well as simplified. i read that early frankish knights were more of lancers than others, actually, as shock cavalry, even in the middle ages the lance was their favorte one.
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus...
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
Phantomstriker

Post by Phantomstriker »

Ok same bonus of lance cav and 10 damage and 35 live heavy cav class to be more vulnerable than slow cav
I like the strategy games i like age of strategy
Princeps

Post by Princeps »

You are maybe talking about the leudes, a Frank heavy cavalry composed of rich man who often served as bodyguards to the king.they had spears and shield as weapon.

Return to “Unit - mounted”