campanian cavalry

L4cus

campanian cavalry

Post by L4cus »

the socii were the roman allies of the italian peninsula, hiring troops from there to fill their ranks...these were the alae legions, and the most reknown of them would be the extraordinarii, socii extraordinarii or delecti
the cavalry units from those were the socii equites extraordinarii or equites delecti usually filed by campanians, an italic ally of rome, they were shock cavalry

cost 5
hp 35
attack 14
range 1
armour 2/1
speed 5
sight 5
CR 30%
same bonus of companion cavalry

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus...
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
b2198

Re: campanian cavalry

Post by b2198 »

Isn't this too similar to companion cavalry stats-wise? The difference is only -2hp, +3 attack and -1 p.armor.
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".
L4cus

Post by L4cus »

well...it doesnt have the aura, and i was thinking of it having less p armour...the role sure is similar, but i sugested this since roman doesnt have heavy cavalry options other than centurion and cataphract, it could have anti cavalry bonus instead of normal heavy cavalry bonus...so idk. the lancer like bonus could make it diferent, what do u think?
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
b2198

Post by b2198 »

L4cus wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:39 am well...it doesnt have the aura
Oh, I must have misread then, my bad.
L4cus wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:39 am i sugested this since roman doesnt have heavy cavalry options other than centurion and cataphract
Seems good for me, but maybe give it a 3/2 armor instead? They won't be getting blacksmith upgrades after all
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

L4cus wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:39 am well...it doesnt have the aura, and i was thinking of it having less p armour...the role sure is similar, but i sugested this since roman doesnt have heavy cavalry options other than centurion and cataphract, it could have anti cavalry bonus instead of normal heavy cavalry bonus...so idk. the lancer like bonus could make it diferent, what do u think?
The equite is already an anti cav which I think could hold against normal cav.

I wanted to suggest later on a specialized cataphract for Romans which is semi armored than normal one and has 5 speed instead of 4. But i guess I need to hold onto that for now more that this is suggested.
L4cus

Post by L4cus »

b2198 wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:43 am Seems good for me, but maybe give it a 3/2 armor instead? They won't be getting blacksmith upgrades after all
Now i am thinking that a 4 turns cav unit with high attack but lower ho and armour would fit better the concept...
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

High attack heavy/medium cavalry would totally destroy concept, that rome didn't rely on cavalry.
Equites should be enough to represent allied cavalry.

To make such addition fit I'd go the other way around - low attack, but higher resilience.
Possibly with no bonuses vs infantry.
Something as a middle point between equites and cataphract. More capable to manouver than cataphracts, but also able to survive more attacks from enemy cavalry.

But such addition is not really a must.
What we lack for romans is strictly two:
- mercenary light cav of the period (numibian is probably best here)
- mercenary medium or heavy cav (gallic ?)
Age of Strategy design leader
L4cus

Post by L4cus »

I think gallic is the most representative for the period at least u want sarmatian heavy cavalry
Actually i think i made a topic for gallic cavalry...
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230

Return to “Unit - mounted”