aura: low morale

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus...
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
godOfKings

Re: steppe warlord

Post by godOfKings »

@b2198 @DreJaDe

This could b the topic where we discuss the leader unit idea, drejade mentioned the name could b noyan
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Doesn't this type of unit with melee and range normally 1 turn costlier?

So this would be a 7 turn unit.

Not sure but it can be "Noyon".
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

I guess stats will b balanced for 7 turn, the aura buffs too

But should the name b horde frenzy or something else?
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
b2198

Post by b2198 »

I don't think making it hybrid would be good, because abilities don't apply weapon effects, so tengri blessing and weakening poison would only be applied on their melee attacks, which is bad for a unit with these stats imo. Also does that aura affect ranged units? If so, isn't it way too strong, considering mongolian horseman already has 2 actions and a lot of weapon effect damage?
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

To be honest.

I want a fire aspect aura instead.

Lol
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Make aura give + 2 dmg, + 2 ability power, and keep bow shot, make tengri blessing give + 1 ability range, so leader spell can increase range, keep cost at 7 turns, its weaker than other leaders but can keep a distance from enemies

Or remove bow shot and give it transformation with 0 action cost but 1 turn cooldown

b2198

Post by b2198 »

Transformation and changing total damage boost to +2 instead of +4 with leader+tengri seems pretty good for me.

Although if it's gonna have a transformation, I think it should still cost an action, but the stats of the melee form should be higher.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Costing action means u r idle and waste a whole turn, i would support costing action only if it was 2 action unit, that way it could still atk once despite having transformed

b2198

Post by b2198 »

But that's the idea, to make it require a turn doing nothing before using the other form, so that you can't just melee form attack into the frontlines, then go back and ranged form attack while being healed in the following turn, and so on. That's also how persian immortal works, so that would also be good for consistency of these similarly functioning units.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

But any unit with bow shot can still do any 1 at every turn without wasting a turn staying idle, and its just sheathing sword and bringing out bow from back, how long would it take, especially considering mongols were known for being fast, and yet a viking archer is faster, rather i m not sure if persian immortal shouldnt b changed to b similar too

The reason for high cost is their versatility in both melee and range, and yet if they stay idle for a whole turn just transforming without attacking, it will b more of a nerf than buff, rather than hit and run, its switch weapons while running

Return to “Unit - mounted”