Tech cost:6
Cost:4
Hp: 47
Atk:12
Armor:5/7
Speed:4
Spell resist: 0%

Bonus: same as heavy shield knight

Description: The most heavily armoured mounted knight. They are the main shock troopers and responsible to lead the charge in the army. Due to their big shields and heavy armour, they are difficult to kill but slightly slow.
Attachments
unit_shield_knight_v.png
unit_shield_knight_v.png (2.03 KiB) Viewed 2152 times
tech_shield_knight_v.png
tech_shield_knight_v.png (1.32 KiB) Viewed 2316 times
Last edited by godOfKings on Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Endru1241

Re: Vanguard Shield Knight

Post by Endru1241 »

Gendarme, Elite Pikeman and Halberdier would now need 2nd upgrade of blacksmith (or some other boost) to finish Shield Knight in 2 attacks.
Good.
Should be balanced.
Age of Strategy design leader
SirPat

Re: Vanguard Shield Knight ACCEPTED

Post by SirPat »

Amazing sprites ⊙_⊙
I am Pat :>

I barely visit the forums, but when I do and u saw me reading your post. Expect a whole paragraph to be released about your topic. well except if I like your idea and the idea is perfect as it is, if so ill give u my support
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

People claimed that the 2nd tier looked like it should b 3rd tier, so i had to live up to their expectations and make a better sprite than the 2nd tier
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

godOfKings wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:48 am People claimed that the 2nd tier looked like it should b 3rd tier, so i had to live up to their expectations and make a better sprite than the 2nd tier
And that worked quite well. It looks better than the 2nd tier in-terms of equipment.
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

I tried to make it based on the paladins of age of empires but i m still not satisfied with feather, i think i should use pure white colour for the bottom layer instead of player colour, wat do u guys think? The super heavy and slow paladins will b different from the cavaliers instead of their upgrade in aos

Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

godOfKings wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 4:51 pm @Endru1241 3rd tier upgrade of the shield knight

Tech cost:6
Cost:4
Hp: 47
Atk:12
Armor:5/7
Speed:4
Spell resist: 0%

Bonus: same as heavy shield knight

Description: The most heavily armoured mounted knight. They are the main shock troopers and responsible to lead the charge in the army. Due to their big shields and heavy armour, they are difficult to kill but slightly slow.
my god what a beautiful troop, did you do it? godofkings?
I swore to protect and lead a great order that seeks enlightenment, I was chosen by the great star and I will pour out his fury against anyone who declares himself an enemy!
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Since i made the heavy shield knight sprite, i had a clearer idea how to improve it to make the 3rd upgrade while keeping consistency so obviously i should have been the one making it, if i didnt take a break i would have done this a long time ago, but i still must give endru the credit for making the perfect size of heavy shield knight helmet which gave me new insight on how to make something appear large without actually making it large

Anyways thanks for the compliment, it makes me happy to see my drawings r appreciated :D and i also think this is so far the best sprite i have ever drawn, just because of this drawing i believe people will use more shield knights than normal knights ;)

SirPat

Post by SirPat »

Im actually a shield knight user, and yeah its true that the 2nd uograde looks like a 3rd upgrade and actually sometimes I dont even upgrade it cause I dont like the appeal of it turning into some giant dark knight, but this 3rd uograde looks sooo amazing that I want to train these every match :lol:

I barely visit the forums, but when I do and u saw me reading your post. Expect a whole paragraph to be released about your topic. well except if I like your idea and the idea is perfect as it is, if so ill give u my support
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

My reasoning is they represent vanguards, in an army of heavy knights they will stay in the front of the charge and likely to die first in a clash before the rest of the knights follow, so in that reasoning they can b considered to have lower social status than the rest of the knights, but they also brush with death a lot so they r physically stronger and more resilient

Like i played a few strategy rpg games and in those games, the black knights were like this, they were treated as slaves and forced to head the charge in any wars, but due to their fighting experience they were much stronger and could survive all alone against an army of enemies, so i made the heavy shield knight a black armored knight

But i was also partly influenced by the basic unit which had dark skin on face and rode a black horse

SirPat

Post by SirPat »

godOfKings wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:33 am My reasoning is they represent vanguards, in an army of heavy knights they will stay in the front of the charge and likely to die first in a clash before the rest of the knights follow, so in that reasoning they can b considered to have lower social status than the rest of the knights, but they also brush with death a lot so they r physically stronger and more resilient

Like i played a few strategy rpg games and in those games, the black knights were like this, they were treated as slaves and forced to head the charge in any wars, but due to their fighting experience they were much stronger and could survive all alone against an army of enemies, so i made the heavy shield knight a black armored knight

But i was also partly influenced by the basic unit which had dark skin on face and rode a black horse

Ohh thats pretty cool history on the design

Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

godOfKings wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:58 pm Since i made the heavy shield knight sprite, i had a clearer idea how to improve it to make the 3rd upgrade while keeping consistency so obviously i should have been the one making it, if i didnt take a break i would have done this a long time ago, but i still must give endru the credit for making the perfect size of heavy shield knight helmet which gave me new insight on how to make something appear large without actually making it large

Anyways thanks for the compliment, it makes me happy to see my drawings r appreciated :D and i also think this is so far the best sprite i have ever drawn, just because of this drawing i believe people will use more shield knights than normal knights ;)
What program do you use to make pixel arts?
I swore to protect and lead a great order that seeks enlightenment, I was chosen by the great star and I will pour out his fury against anyone who declares himself an enemy!
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

If u zoom in on this image until u can see each individual pixels, u will realise it actually looks very ugly... It took a lot of practice to perfect the end result of the drawings, i first used pixly then used pixel studio which had easier and more comfortable access to layer designs

Tried a new feather style, ended up with a cotton candy... I have been trying quite hard to match the heavy knight upgrade tech image
Attachments
unit_shield_knight_v.png
unit_shield_knight_v.png (2.01 KiB) Viewed 2088 times

Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

your name should be godofpixel
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Another attempt with a smaller feather...
Attachments
unit_shield_knight_v.png
unit_shield_knight_v.png (2.02 KiB) Viewed 2045 times

Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Hm, i think it's far better than the ones you've presented.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

I guess if i fail in life i still have a chance at becoming a hairstylist thanks to my pixel hair styling experience

Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

godOfKings wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:45 pm I guess if i fail in life i still have a chance at becoming a hairstylist thanks to my pixel hair styling experience
Lol, that's for sure
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

How is this? I think this might b better than the original feathers, wat do u guys think?
Attachments
unit_shield_knight_v2.png
unit_shield_knight_v2.png (2.08 KiB) Viewed 1865 times

Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Looks like flower petals.

I like the current one more. This different hair styles can be put as skins (?) Common ones called "Hairstylist's Works".
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

thnx i will try harder next time... i m trying something like this

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=ht ... egUIARCQAg

Return to “Unit - mounted”