Naginata Rider

Badnorth

Naginata Rider

Post by Badnorth »

Naginata Rider
Description: Japanese warriors on horse-back armed with large naginatas. Deals splash damage.
Produced at: Dojo
Cost: 4
Hitpoints: 25
Power: 10
Power Range: 1 (50%)
Armor: 1/2
Speed: 5
Sight: 5
Mental Resist: 0%
Heal Bonus: 1.0
Damage Bonuses:
25% Mounted
50% Archers
50% Medium Foot Melee
80% Light Foot Melee
100% Siege Machine
Categories:
Medium Cavalry, Japanese Units, Pole-arm Wielder.
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.
Morningwarrior

Re: Naginata Rider

Post by Morningwarrior »

In reality he could take 15 damage instead of 10
I swore to protect and lead a great order that seeks enlightenment, I was chosen by the great star and I will pour out his fury against anyone who declares himself an enemy!
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Honestly, I could just see this just the same with the mounted samurai topic all to more with representation thing
Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

and because of that, the naginata was one of the most deadly weapons in feudal Japan, it was practically very effective against infantry and cavalry, but very vulnerable at a distance. including a change in armor and hp,and i dont thibk is necessary power strike on Rider,maybe only in the samurai naginata on foot(coming soon including)
armor: 2/0
Hp: 24
I swore to protect and lead a great order that seeks enlightenment, I was chosen by the great star and I will pour out his fury against anyone who declares himself an enemy!
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

DreJaDe wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:35 am Honestly, I could just see this just the same with the mounted samurai topic all to more with representation thing
I thought Mounted Samurai will be a heavy cavalry unit?

This was proposed to be an anti-infantry sweeper with splash damage.
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.
Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

Badnorth wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:29 am
DreJaDe wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:35 am Honestly, I could just see this just the same with the mounted samurai topic all to more with representation thing
I thought Mounted Samurai will be a heavy cavalry unit?

This was proposed to be an anti-infantry sweeper with splash damage.
not exactly, the samurai had no heavy cavalry. the horses did have armor, but it wasn’t enough to protect plates and a splash damage cavalry would be very appealing, it already has the elephant, all right, it’s not exactly a cavalry.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Wat endru has agreed with so far is japan should have only 1 mounted melee unit with 5 turn cost and 2 action, for the naginata, wat about a 4 turn cost heavy melee infantry with area dmg equivalent to gallowglass and viking berserk? This unit can combine with oni mask tech to cuz mass debuffs on enemy
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Make it medium.
I am working on nerfing all archers so in consequence all medium will be better.
And it fits japanese.
Age of Strategy design leader
L4cus

Post by L4cus »

Good, allfactions deserve at least one mobile unit...
Hanamto used to have more mobility...
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus...
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

What are you talking about?
Hatamoto still has 4 speed. I haven't nerfed it yet.
L4cus

Post by L4cus »

"yet"?
so its gonna get nerfed anyway...i think u should wait for this unit ti be inmplemented, so asian/japanese faction would keep a unit with mobility...
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

What I am against is inconsistency.

To Hatamoto is currently huge change to usage of unit.
It just changes things too much - sudden increase in speed to make it speedy unit is not good.
When I'll nerf ranged units it hatamoto could be too good.
Especially when some new things will be added to dojo, making it more viable building to have.
L4cus

Post by L4cus »

sounds good...
they still have ninjas with good mobility infantry...
btw, 4 or 5 turn cost for naginata mounted samurai? i suggest 4, without any special trait like companion cavalry aura...
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Actually all other nations have some way to increase speed, roman aenator, nord bard, celt druid, however as japanese dont have speed buffing support unit so i support basic unit upgrade having 4 speed, it will b the difference between japan and other nations, currently i have reduced usage of hatamoto ever since bards and druids were implemented with siege tower, if hatamoto is nerfed it will actually weaken japan faction competitiveness against other nation playstyles

Japan playstyle should b no speed buff support but mildly expensive fast units, (hatamoto upgrade cost, 5 turn mounted yabusame, 7 turn daimyo, upcoming 5 turn mount etc.)
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Even regular samurai stats compared to swordsmen are quite good. If not for "not a category, but weakness medium foot melee - it would be much more useful.
If you add 1 speed to that it overthrows men-at-arms at any level, making a unit clearly superior in every way.
This is the reason I changed ronin stats.

Japanese could easily get some sort of 4 speed unit, but it needs to be tied to higher unit cost - just tech cos, which is paid once is not enough.
L4cus

Post by L4cus »

maybe adding "banzai" tech to enable "banzai" ability for hanmoto, a 3 turns buffer of attack and speed, but reduces armour...
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230

Return to “Unit - mounted”