Oxen rider

Spear_snake

Oxen rider

Post by Spear_snake »

People who ride cows. Back in the day all cows had horns. Oxford were usually not used in war fair but a farmer with a pitchfork could jump on his and join the army in desperate times. They could gore there enemy or stab them with there pitchfork.
Stats
Cost 3
Hp 20
Attack power 5
Action/ turn 2/1
Speed 4
Sight 5
Mental resistances 5%
The weak will rise and the strong will fall.
Just Saying the Truth
Badnorth

Re: Oxen rider

Post by Badnorth »

Cows are a really bad choice for mounted warfare. Slow, lump of moving meat. It will be the ideal target for archers and spearmen.
I don't know if Cows were ever used in war. Can u send a link of where u found of this "Oxen Rider" ?
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.
Hyuhjhih
Location: Earth, (the part of blue ball and is named India for some reasons)

Post by Hyuhjhih »

The stats are too weak for a 3 cost unit
QuadrupoleStrat wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:45 am Cows are a really bad choice for mounted warfare. Slow, lump of moving meat. It will be the ideal target for archers and spearmen.
I don't know if Cows were ever used in war. Can u send a link of where u found of this "Oxen Rider" ?
More like bulls or oxes than cows. They were a much better substitute for wars (hostile) where the native kingdom couldn't gather enough wages for trained troops and mounts from the parent empire.

Yeah it were a good target for spears and archers, but a quite good swarm of enraged oxes were good at wiping out closer enemies quickly.

Let me check if i could get a link i have seen in an indian action medieval movie.

The riders were actually for support, the main action was the bulls ramming.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Design leader of the variants Age of Gods and Age Of Civilization, and live heartedly contributing to AoS.

AoC discord server is up AoC
Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Design leader of the variants Age of Gods and Age Of Civilization, and live heartedly contributing to AoS.

Spear_snake

Post by Spear_snake »

What about cost 2 . And cows can run up to 25 mph. I watched it and stampede are dangeris, how could you have a stampeding unit/units?
Just Saying the Truth
Spear_snake

Post by Spear_snake »

Hyuhjhih wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:49 am The stats are too weak for a 3 cost unit
QuadrupoleStrat wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:45 am Cows are a really bad choice for mounted warfare. Slow, lump of moving meat. It will be the ideal target for archers and spearmen.
More like bulls or oxes than cows. They were a much better substitute for wars (hostile) where the native kingdom couldn't gather enough wages for trained troops and mounts from the parent empire.

Yeah it were a good target for spears and archers, but a quite good swarm of enraged oxes were good at wiping out closer enemies quickly.

Let me check if i could get a link i have seen in an indian action medieval movie.

The riders were actually for support, the main action was the bulls ramming.
What about a militia unit with the cost of 2 and same states as before.
A cheap Calvilary unit. With a 2 actions still because the bull rating and farmer stabing that will make it not as weak. It could have a bonus damage
+2 to structures and + 4 to light /medium foot melee
Just Saying the Truth
Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Cost 4
Hp 26
Att 7
Rng 1
Armor 0/0
Speed 4
MR 30%
Sight 3
Bonus 50% light foot melee, foot
100% builders,healers,religious
150% structures

Ability Enraged
+1 speed, +3 att, +1 sight, +60% MR
Last 2 cd 4
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

i've done a little research and found large amounts of cattle was used in war.
At the Battle of Tondibi in West Africa in 1591, the defending army of the Songhai Empire opened the engagement with a charge of 1,000 stampeding cattle against the lines of Moroccan infantry — a tactic that had worked in the past against enemies who had no guns. But the Moroccans did have guns, which spooked the cattle. The creatures stampeded back into the Songhai army, who lost the battle and eventually lost control of their empire as a result.
But i did not see any riders in them.
Like in this film.
Hyuhjhih wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:51 am https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qmb4JtY2HXg
But they were used as luggage carriers for travelling merchants and military.
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

I think the mount will be hard to control so i don't think this can be a war unit like the horses.
Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Hmmm.. so letting them roll over freely like roman war pigs http://www.ageofstrategy.net/viewtopic. ... 1c#p114008
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Spear_snake

Post by Spear_snake »

people to day ride oxen like this.
https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=ht ... egUIARC1AQ
https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=ht ... egUIARDSAQ

but if you insist what about a unit with a cow in front of it (in 1 tile)and the cattal herder could move the cow to the battle then the cow would fight but once the cow dies a man with a wip will be left.

new unit = cattle driver
stats
Cost 2
Hp of cow 20
hp of herder 12
Attack power of cow 6
attack power of herder 6
Action/ turn 1/1
Speed 4
Sight 5
Mental resistances 10%
bonus damage
+ 3 light foot melee, foot
+ 6 builders,healers,religious
+ 9 structures

Ability, Enraged (only when cow is alive)
+1 speed, +3 attack, +1 sight, +60% Mental Resistance
Last 2 turns
ability, gather herd
if in counter a wild cow it will stay by your side until it or the herder dies (fighting for you).
Just Saying the Truth

Return to “Unit - mounted”