Greek Phylax

Hyuhjhih
Location: Earth, (the part of blue ball and is named India for some reasons)

Greek Phylax

Post by Hyuhjhih »

The Greek Phylax is a title given to the Sentinels of ancient Rome. The word Phylax means watcher, guard, sentinel, guardian, keeper, protector,etc. They were also referred as the living satans , red devils or fallen angels.
Being the honest mens of the royals, they were not given a chance in the wars but is specialy trained to defend the enemies from reaching the emperors.
Citations also say that they had a remarkable ability to imitate the enemies attacks they had came across as they were provided with all the necessary weapons and training.
MY IDEA
A tough legendary unit with a varing mode of attack. They get the same attack , aoe and range stats of the unit they are previously attacked by. Full counter . Cannot occupy TC. First strike
Cost 10
Hp 60
Att ~ (basic 4 )
Rng ~ (basic 1melee)
AOE ~ (basic 0)
Arm 4/3
Speed 2
Trained at TC
Legendary
Inconvertable
Cannot be healed by means other that self ability ( royal medication ⬇️ )or upgrade spells

Passive effect
Royal Sentinel Badge
Nearby friendly troops get +2/+2 armour
Rng 1
Ability
Royal Medication
Heal +12 on self
Consume action cd 2
Sentinel Charge
+2 speed +1 AOE on self
Last 1 cd 3
Consume action
Last edited by Hyuhjhih on Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Design leader of the variants Age of Gods and Age Of Civilization, and live heartedly contributing to AoS.

AoC discord server is up AoC
Morningwarrior

Re: Greek Phylax

Post by Morningwarrior »

...WHAT???this is greek phalanx or zeus choosen?
I swore to protect and lead a great order that seeks enlightenment, I was chosen by the great star and I will pour out his fury against anyone who declares himself an enemy!
ProtectorLordGarmin

Post by ProtectorLordGarmin »

Greek Phylax
But then defenders of Ancient Rome?
I am confused
Plus ,those are some big stats, stealing stats.
Plus, if it gets attacked by like a trireme, it gets 35 attack and it can now annihilate most land units, and if it gets any bonuses we have an anti ship land unit that runs around kicking holes in ship hills.
If we attack it with a catapult, now it can effectively long range slap the sh!t out of grouped units and hit walls hard.
With an elite longbowman, now he can attack over huge distances and pick them off whilst taking minimal damage then healing themselves afterwards.
Hyuhjhih wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:04 am
A tough legendary unit with a varing mode of attack. They get the same attack , aoe and range stats of the unit they are previously attacked by. Full counter . Cannot occupy TC. First strike
Tbh it should be a hero or fun unit called the mimic and without any extra abilities.
Leader of the Aegis Protectorate, the proud Defenders of Ambidia! If you would like some heavy protection, we can do some mercenary work... but such elite warriors come with an elite price.
Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

No , it have basic and acquired bonuses. Thats a weak point.
And ì did said in description that he is provided with necessary weapons and training. But not with sieges and towers, which is ridiculous. They imitate the flesh and blood units only. And with this stats , weaker armour, heal exceptions, and cost 10, it would be truely low tier .

Maybe i am thinking of reducing the cost to 5. Because one can easily render it useless by attacking it with a light hitting units or even peasants.

And maybe i should set a limit to a min att not less than its basic att. Or else it would be exploited.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Design leader of the variants Age of Gods and Age Of Civilization, and live heartedly contributing to AoS.

Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

ProtectorLordGarmin wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:33 pm Greek Phylax
But then defenders of Ancient Rome?
I am confused
Plus ,those are some big stats, stealing stats.
Plus, if it gets attacked by like a trireme, it gets 35 attack and it can now annihilate most land units, and if it gets any bonuses we have an anti ship land unit that runs around kicking holes in ship hills.
If we attack it with a catapult, now it can effectively long range slap the sh!t out of grouped units and hit walls hard.
With an elite longbowman, now he can attack over huge distances and pick them off whilst taking minimal damage then healing themselves afterwards.
Hyuhjhih wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:04 am
Tbh it should be a hero or fun unit called the mimic and without any extra abilities.
Morningwarrior wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:29 pm ...WHAT???this is greek phalanx or zeus choosen?
https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/phylax

The actual reference page seems modified as a new ropic called phylax play, https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phlyax_play

These are the last info i have and i have a colleague who is in this field, with his research i got a better view of this topic.
Yes , as i mentioned, phylax were not that familiar to commoners, as they weren't participating in wars, other nations and even the own army weren't aware of these protectors , they were depicted as a fictional creature (demons and angles) among the societies to prevent spys and traitors.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

This is a sculptor known to exist in Palaio-Faliro
It is evident from this work about the myth existed among the society of this unknown guardian of the royal highness.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

https://www.keeptalkinggreece.com/2017/ ... io-faliro/
And these were the controversies after this sculptor.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

Now this going to be intressting,the name is better be a perseu follower,the hp is be reduced to 55 and he have to be 2 actions points
I swore to protect and lead a great order that seeks enlightenment, I was chosen by the great star and I will pour out his fury against anyone who declares himself an enemy!
Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Need audience📢
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Return to “Unit - melee infantry”