Sileraioi

Hyuhjhih
Location: Earth, (the part of blue ball and is named India for some reasons)

Sileraioi

Post by Hyuhjhih »

The Sileraioi (Greek: Σιλεραίοι) were a group of ancient mercenaries of the Sila (Calabria - Italy), most likely employed by the tyrant Dionysius I of Syracuse, though it is unknown at what time during Dionysus' reign and to what capacity the Sileraioi were employed. They began to issue coinage between the years 357 and 336 BC, and this coinage provides the bulk of evidence we have of their existence. However, much can be inferred about the ruthless character of the Sileraioi based on what ancient authors wrote about Dionysus' mercenaries in general.

They were employed as personal guards of Dionysus after he faked an attack in his life . He also spread his mercenaries in the polis community to wipe out democracy. They were known to carry a metallic heavy whip and well made chain armors.

MY IDEA
mercs with low health , moderate armour , anti cavalry anti armoured, flail type ranged heavy attacks.

Cost 2
Hp 8
Att 10
Rng 2 melee
Arm 3/3
Speed 3
Act 2 (may be 1 but for distinct purposes from falxman)
Trained at TC

Passive Effect
Leaving (6)

Bonuses
120% heavy foot melee
100% mounted, cavalry heavy
60% cavalry medium
30% cavalry light
230% elephants
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Design leader of the variants Age of Gods and Age Of Civilization, and live heartedly contributing to AoS.

AoC discord server is up AoC
Hyuhjhih

Re: Sileraioi

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Need audience 📢
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Design leader of the variants Age of Gods and Age Of Civilization, and live heartedly contributing to AoS.

Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Flails couldn't be as long as pikes. 2 melee range seems odd and i don't know if we need a mercenary flailman. We already have Thracian Falx. And for sole anti-cavalry, we perhaps could have swiss pikeman unit.
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.
Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Yes it can, it depends on the chain length and accuracy of the user.
Falx, as referred is also a flail like unit, but since ronin came over the varagians , which had almost the same stats but an extra attack, this have better armor, and range for the cost of lower health (and maybe an extra act).
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Hyuhjhih wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:41 pm Yes it can, it depends on the chain length and accuracy of the user.
Falx, as referred is also a flail like unit, but since ronin came over the varagians , which had almost the same stats but an extra attack, this have better armor, and range for the cost of lower health (and maybe an extra act).
First of all, Where did you find such weapons. From looks of it Flails were already hard to use in the beginning, even more harder if the chain further increased length. I don't see why would it be used by military.

As for ronin's stats i don't know why it is like that.
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.

Return to “Unit - melee infantry”