Warrior multi-weapons ANSWERED

Morningwarrior

Warrior multi-weapons ANSWERED

Post by Morningwarrior »

Footman with balanced equipament,incluing sword,spear and a mace to use depending on the occasion
Hp:21
Atk:9
Def:1/1
Spd:3
Cost:3
Rng:1
Act:1
Hp Bonus:1.0
Same bonus damage to swordsman
Ability-swap weapon to spear:
Cost none turns
Same bonus to spearmen
Ability-swap weapon to mace:
Cost none turns
Same bonus to maceman
Last edited by Morningwarrior on Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
I swore to protect and lead a great order that seeks enlightenment, I was chosen by the great star and I will pour out his fury against anyone who declares himself an enemy!
Morningwarrior

Re: Infantry

Post by Morningwarrior »

I need some opnions about this topic
I swore to protect and lead a great order that seeks enlightenment, I was chosen by the great star and I will pour out his fury against anyone who declares himself an enemy!
L4cus

Post by L4cus »

that versavility would make it too op...for a 3 turns is too much, since it is not just a hybrid of 2 type of units, but a real quimera!
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus...
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Swordsmen is already a representation of a group of soldiers wielding different equipment. unit swordsman is just a name for classic melee infantry. No need for this imho. And too much versatility to a 3 turn unit is kinda dangerous.
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Badnorth wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:18 am Swordsmen is already a representation of a group of soldiers wielding different equipment. unit swordsman is just a name for classic melee infantry. No need for this imho. And too much versatility to a 3 turn unit is kinda dangerous.
This.

It's just like I would comment this unit proposition.
Age of Strategy design leader
Morningwarrior

Re: Infantry ANSWERED

Post by Morningwarrior »

the idea was for a troop to handle a spear, sword and mace. I just put infantry on until I got a new name.
Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

Endru1241 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:24 am
Badnorth wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:18 am Swordsmen is already a representation of a group of soldiers wielding different equipment. unit swordsman is just a name for classic melee infantry. No need for this imho. And too much versatility to a 3 turn unit is kinda dangerous.
This.

Now if you are not seeing an opponent that matches you.
Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

Anyway,I couldn’t think of a better name for this troop, so I need some suggestion, or better, an alteration since the troop is unbalanced.
Certain 4 turns is ideal
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Morningwarrior wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:40 am
Endru1241 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:24 am
This.

Now if you are not seeing an opponent that matches you.
I just repeated Endru's words. Im also not comparable to him.
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

The point here is that just handling the spear is not enough reason for anti-cav bonus.
Just handling mace is not enough to have anti-heavy bonus.
And definitely having sword graphics is not enough to warrant anti-building bonus.

This is about concept and representation.
When I hear swordsmen - I imagine those guys with some armor, shield over head and struggling trying to climb walls, ladders or stairs to get on top of the walls. Or digging under the walls with shovels or through it with pickaxes to damage them. All those organised men, called just "men" - the core of the army. Not aristocracy or especially trained or equipped guys. Just a mass of trained, organised people.
Macemen - would be a similar group, but additionally prepared, maybe trained to fight against heavily armored infantry - those normally very hard to even touch - e.g. knights fully clad in armor.
To deal with them "macemen" wouldn't just use mace - they'd probably prepare hammers, knight's picks, hooks, stilettos - anything that helps to pierce, damage through armor and shields, while leaving enough weight to still have equipment like swordsmen, even if a little more limited.
Spearmen - would not be any kind of soldiers with spears - most of them would probably be just generalised as swordsmen.
No, spearmen would be a name that describes those, that were prepared to damage cavalry as a priority. It may have been even bigger mass of people, but probably barely trained to hold a weapon (point a spear in right direction) and disciplined to stab mounts , even by the price of their life (maybe paid handsomely for a kill to surviving family).
It takes certain dedication and/or extensive discipline (which may have not been used against real soldiers with higher social standing) to lay on the ground in or go through mud, blood and body parts of comrades, risking being trampled just to stab unprotected belly of an animal.
Age of Strategy design leader
Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

Poetic
Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

Like i say i will change the name first,but you give me another ideia endru,but i need organized this.

Return to “Unit - melee infantry”