Armor:2
P armor:1
Sight:5
Haves bonus against roman units
And cavalry (if we use spear version)
godOfKings

Re: Gladiator

Post by godOfKings »

May b researching slavery tech will unlock gladiators @Lynx Shafir ?
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

godOfKings wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:54 am Then we could give roman garrison a spell to summon gladiators by sacrificing slaves

Slaver and tech could b in roman garrison then and spell would have 50% possibility at range 1?
If we follow this route, then my suggested stats
Cost: sacrifice slave near Roman garrison
HP: 30
Atk:14
Armor:0/0
Speed:3
Sight:4
Convert resist: 0%

Bonus:100% melee foot, siege machine, buildings
200% towers
1000% mega

So u get an unarmored spartan
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Moh556

Post by Moh556 »

Nice idea :)
Lord Stark

Gladiators

Post by Lord Stark »

Hello! I have a proposal to increase the species of Romans. you can add gladiators:
Retiarius - a Gladiator with a Trident and a net (can throw a chain than to reduce the 4 units of the speed of the enemy with a probability of 50%) and is the main enemy mourmelon
Mourmelon - warrior with sword and shield legionary (the main enemy of the retiarius)
Secutor - a warrior with shield and sword (has the immunity skill retiarius)
Essedarius-mounted warrior with the ability to dismount
Thracian-Thracian prisoner, classic shield and sword (you can add the bleeding skill)
Hoplomahh - like hoplites, with a spear (the ability to throw it, but only 1 time) and a small round shield, after throwing the spear fights with a dagger
Velit - a skirmisher in wolf's clothing
L4cus

Re: Gladiators

Post by L4cus »

Lord Stark wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:04 pm Hello! I have a proposal to increase the species of Romans. you can add gladiators:
Retiarius - a Gladiator with a Trident and a net (can throw a chain than to reduce the 4 units of the speed of the enemy with a probability of 50%) and is the main enemy mourmelon
Mourmelon - warrior with sword and shield legionary (the main enemy of the retiarius)
Secutor - a warrior with shield and sword (has the immunity skill retiarius)
Essedarius-mounted warrior with the ability to dismount
Thracian-Thracian prisoner, classic shield and sword (you can add the bleeding skill)
Hoplomahh - like hoplites, with a spear (the ability to throw it, but only 1 time) and a small round shield, after throwing the spear fights with a dagger
Velit - a skirmisher in wolf's clothing
What about a falcata for the thracian?
For the retiarius you could use the net trower mechanism
I don't like the idea about have a hoplomah
Velit already exists
I think we could use the formula of auxiliiaries, random production on roman garrison
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus...
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
SirLuciano

Post by SirLuciano »

Murmillo,Dimachaerus,Gallus,Sagittarius,Gladiatrix(female gladiator of all types)
Let the Empire of your land stay within your heart and its knights defend your soul
L4cus

Post by L4cus »

With a pack of gladiators there could be a "spartacus" campaign.
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus...
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
Ramatis

Gladiators

Post by Ramatis »

Hello, I've been playing the game for a while now and I like using Roman troops so I had these troop ideas for the game. Gladiators would be Roman-type troops that would work as auxiliaries in the sense that they come with different weapons randomly when trained. They can be: murmillo gladiator, scissor gladiator, reciario gladiator, eques gladiator, hoplomaque gladiator, secutor gladiator. They would cost 4 or 5 turns because they are more resistant I made a small base for each gladiator, I don't go too deep into their status because honestly I don't know much about how they would be in their details so this is just a base of what they could be.

Murmillo gladiator, this one's intention is to be like a swordsman with more armor and more attack.
• Cost 4
• HP between 20 and 25
• Shield Bearer
• Medium Armor
• Attack 12 with bonus against light infantry
• Melee Armor 4
• Piercing Armor 2

A scissor gladiator, his intuition is to have great attack potential thanks to his differentiated weapon in his left hand, which looks like an ax, dagger and shield combined.
• HP between 20 and 25 as well.
• Medium Armor
• Attack 14
• Melee Armor 3
• Piercing Armor 2
• Could give him the ability to weaken the enemy thanks to his left hand weapon

Reciary Gladiator. Weaker gladiator with the pikeman role and with a net to use to trap the enemy as well as the fisherman's net.
• HP 15
• Light armor
• Attack 10, with bonuses against mounts and maybe against light infantry
• Melee Armor 2
• Piercing armor 1
• Skill - throw net, skill that traps the opponent for 3 turns leaving him immobile and weakened.

Gladiator eques, gladiator used in battles on horseback, would be the cavalry unit of gladiators
• HP ~22
• Light armor
• Attack 9 with bonus against light infantry
• Melee Armor 3
• Piercing armor 3

hoplomaque gladiator, would be a skirmish gladiator with lighter armor and with the ability to fight hand-to-hand
• HP 16
• Light armor
• Attack 8
• Melee Armor 2
• Piercing Armor 5
• Would have the ability to throw his spear serving as a skirmish ranged attack

secutor gladiator, would be a gladiator with a large shield and a lot of armor but with less attack.
• HP 26
• Heavy armor
• Large Shield Bearer
• Attack 10
• Melee Armor 5
• Piercing armor 6

These were my ideas of gladiator units for the Romans, I tried to differentiate them as much as possible, if you don't accept my ideas of units, at least consider the idea of ​​the Reciario gladiator, which was what inspired me to make these suggestions.
v094517

Post by v094517 »

Could be part of outlaw group.
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Merged all the topics - two old ones with that.
Cannot find the topic, I have definitely answered, but there is a quite from another, related:
Endru1241 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:28 pm ... gladiators - they were showmen - gladiator fights had nothing to do with real war. They trained to fight with exotic, commonly not very effective weapons, while wearing revealing armor designed for shows.
It would be almost like getting american wrestling stars go to army. Disaster.
Age of Strategy design leader

Return to “Unit - melee infantry”