Tlatoani IMPLEMENTED

Hyuhjhih
Location: Earth, (the part of blue ball and is named India for some reasons)

Tlatoani IMPLEMENTED

Post by Hyuhjhih »

(Been quite a while since I made a suggestion for AoS. Anyway,)

Tlatoani

Tlatoani ( "one who speaks, ruler, leader") is the Classical Nahuatl term for the ruler of an āltepētl, a pre-Hispanic state of Aztec Empire.
wikipedia wrote:The city-states of the Aztec Empire each had their own tlatoani, or leader. He would be the high priest and military leader for his city-state and would be considered its commander-in-chief. The tlatoani was the ultimate owner of all land in his city-state and received tribute, oversaw markets and temples, led the military, and resolved judicial disputes. He would often be a descendant of the royal family, but in some cases, he would be elected.Since the Tlatoani was allowed to have several wives, his legacy would be easily maintained. After being established as the tlatoani, he would be the tlatoani of his region for life.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tlatoani
A new leader unit to Aztecs, the primitive race.

Cost 6 *maybe 5
Hp 30
Att 8 (anti ranged bonus)
Range 5
Arm 2/9
Speed 3
MR 100%
Auras
High morale [primitive]
Maybe Missile tactics too [primitive.ranged]
Abilities
Heal ~10 hp

Cat Ranged, medium foot, anti-ranged.

I'll update with the image soon.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Design leader of the variants Age of Gods and Age Of Civilization, and live heartedly contributing to AoS.

AoC discord server is up AoC
Hyuhjhih

Re: Tlatoani

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Concept image
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Design leader of the variants Age of Gods and Age Of Civilization, and live heartedly contributing to AoS.

phoenixffyrnig

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

Supported - Primitive needs a leader. I'd favour the cheaper cost too, if Primitive faction has sheer weight of numbers as its own specific strength (ie units cheaper than they should be) it could actually give them a fighting chance (along with a couple of tweaks)
I also play an RTS game called Life 8-)
And I also like drinking beer! :D
b2198

Post by b2198 »

2/9 would be a bit too much if you consider it would get to 3/10 with dodges tech, maybe 1/8 or even 1/7 would be better? I agree on 5 turn cost though.

By anti-ranged do you mean like celtic chieftain (has bonus against all ranged) or like skirmisher (has bonus against all archers)? If it's the former, I think the p. armor should be further reduced by 1 or 2. Maybe its hp is also a little bit too high? Not really sure about this last one.

I also think it should have a bonus against flesh and blood in general, to keep that trend of primitive units. And maybe increase speed to 4?

Overall, yeah, the primitives could use a leader unit, would help them a lot.
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".
Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Cost 5
Hp 30 (or 25+ RND)
Att 8 (anti ranged bonus)
Range 5
Arm 1/8
Speed 4
MR 100%
Auras
High morale [primitive/all]
Maybe Missile tactics too [primitive.ranged/all.ranged]
Abilities
Heal ~10 hp self/allies

Catogories Ranged, medium foot, anti-archer, anti-healer.

Anti-archer bonuses
Maybe Anti-healer bonus too(since the stats are comparable to a 3rd tier skirmisher of cost 2 except the higher health pool)

Image, its been really long since I've drawn for AoS, i think my styles are changed to suit with AoC, if any improvement is needed, I'll work on that.
Attachments
tlatoani by Hyuhjhih alpha 3.png
tlatoani by Hyuhjhih alpha 3.png (1.2 KiB) Viewed 1153 times
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Tbh, the image is hard to make out off.
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Am I the only one, that sees it as totally OP ?

It's 30 hp, but only gets extra damage from cavalry.
And anti-infantry, which could easily never reach it.
Archers would get bonus too, but e.g. fully upgraded longbowmen would deal 5. Archers 4.

9 attack is nothing to be disregarded by anything apart of heavy infantry or super heavy cavalry.

2/9 armors with 30 hp along with self heal would make it most resistant morale giver vs projectiles. Even with bonus from archers final game 5 damage from longbowmen tops Celtic Chieftain with 39 hp and 4 p.armor, which takes 6 and cannot heal itself.

Splendidly finished with heal others, making it one of the most projectile resistant healers in game, going side by side against knight templar with 29 hp and 6 p.armor and pricier mounted version with 39 hp and 5 p.armor, while having less weaknesses.

It look very good in comparison with late game units, that need more investments. And are pricier or having much less capabilities.
And what about the moment it can be recruited first?
Totally crushingly OP.

And don't even start me with adding additional damage vs healers to make it one-shot them or with missile tactics to guys who already got +2 range long lasting buff in exchange of having no techs.
Age of Strategy design leader
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Make a stat based of jaguar warrior i guess, if ranged then i guess 6 dmg is enough, can b increased to 7 with high morale bonus, range can b 4 which is later increased by range increasing spell of aztec priest, i guess it can have one high morale aura for all primitives and 1 heal spell, promote loyalty and should b good enough
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Not promising putting it in immediately, but I made an image based on the picture.
Changing weapon to atl-atl.
Attachments
unit_aztec_leader.png
unit_aztec_leader.png (1.89 KiB) Viewed 847 times
Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Edited

Cost 5
Hp 20-25
Att 6 anti ranged bonus
Range 5
Arm 2,6
Speed 4
MR 100%
Auras
High morale [primitive/all]
Maybe Missile tactics too [primitive.ranged/all.ranged]
Abilities
Heal ~10 hp self/allies

Catogories Ranged, medium foot, anti-archer, anti-healer.

Anti-archer bonuses
Maybe Anti-healer bonus too(since the stats are comparable to a 3rd tier skirmisher of cost 2 except the higher health pool)
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Endru's image looks really good
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

It's in the upcoming dev version.
A lot weaker than any proposition here nut should still have a use.
It's most arrow resistant among leaders and has high morale plus unique aura giving all primitives +1 attack, +1 p armor, +20% mr and halved counter against them (btw. most units here should probably be recategorised as mezo-american or something).

Return to “Unit - melee infantry”