Ritterbruder IMPLEMENTED as Teuton

Squirrel5555

Ritterbruder IMPLEMENTED as Teuton

Post by Squirrel5555 »

The Ritterbruder (knight brothers) were the most powerful knights within the Teutonic order. Dismounted and equipped with a heavy shield.
Attachments
tOOtOn.png
tOOtOn.png (1.66 KiB) Viewed 2341 times
AOD Team - Join Us!
Squirrel5555

Re: Ritterbruder

Post by Squirrel5555 »

As suggested by BadNorth
Attachments
tOOtOn.png
tOOtOn.png (1.67 KiB) Viewed 2314 times
AOD Team - Join Us!
Squirrel5555

Post by Squirrel5555 »

Image rework

Stats:
Cost 5
Hp 34
Attack 12
Armor 5
Armor (pierce) 3
Sight 4
Speed 3

Bonuses like teuton
Conversion
Fear(? In which case higher cost)
Trained in monastery (can we move regular teuton to church? He has no business being locked in a mega building, maybe change his name to Halbruder?)
Attachments
t0t0n .png
t0t0n .png (1.48 KiB) Viewed 2243 times
AOD Team - Join Us!
phoenixffyrnig

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

I agree with Squirrel-of-the-many-fives, the Holy Brethren should be available in Church also. Tbh, being available in mega-building only is a kiss of death for units, such is the importance of trebuchet in multi-player.

Fair enough for the Religious leader units, (Komtur and Crusade Leader), but things like Camel Archer and Mamluks are never used - you give up 5/6ths of a trebuchet to train them - and Teuton Knights are pretty much only ever trained when we are waiting on ballistics. Perhaps put Camel Archer in Archery range roster, Mamluk in Stables, and at least one of Teuton Lancer or Mounted Teuton Knight in the church too, or these guys will remain as rare as an honest politician.
I also play an RTS game called Life 8-)
And I also like drinking beer! :D
phoenixffyrnig

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

PS - as usual, lovely artwork Squirrel. Of course, being an awkward bogger, I'm going to say I prefer the vertical sword of the rework but the 3/4 visible shield of the earlier version :lol:

Also agree with renaming Teuton Knight to Halbruder (should it have 2 Bs or not...?). I'm also wondering if there is the potential to suggest new and separate buildings for the different holy orders, Templars, Hospitallers, and Teutons, like a Chapter House. Halfway between a factory and a fortification, all the relevant units and techs, attack and heal abilities (both less than usual to comply with the hybrid rule) and maybe even an aura like with Dojo, but only for the units of that order.
Squirrel5555

Post by Squirrel5555 »

Cheers, I'll try and change the image again and create a new version :lol: you are correct aswell, Halbbruder should have 2 Bs.

I'm not exactly a building kind of guy but the chapterhouse idea is so lovely I might actually try something if no one else does. Thanks for supporting the cause because castle is kind of just the trebuchet factory :cry: the units relegated to there are sad and lonely.
AOD Team - Join Us!
phoenixffyrnig

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

Squirrel5555 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:05 am castle is kind of just the trebuchet factory
One of the most important lessons of multiplayer right there!

Actually, the more I think about it, the more I like the Chapter House concept. Just like the faction specific factories, most of the units are available elsewhere but it's handy to have them all together if you're wanting to play a certain style. And a religious units playthrough could do with some fortifications...
phoenixffyrnig

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

Infact, there's a few Map Editor units that could fit straight into a chapter house (not sure if a rebalance is needed or not, a closer look will be had when it isn't Friday night, aka time for phoenix to worship the hops and barley).

A lot of the mêlée units with "Crusader" in the name are at the moment only in Map Editor, anything with "St John" in the name could go straight into the Hospitallers sphere of influence.
Squirrel5555

Post by Squirrel5555 »

Changed shield, took inspiration from Bady's horns and changed some shading.
Attachments
t0t3n.png
t0t3n.png (1.69 KiB) Viewed 2132 times
AOD Team - Join Us!
phoenixffyrnig

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

Nice, @Squirrel5555, very nice. He makes me feel nervous that I missed church today :lol:
SirPat

Post by SirPat »

yeah we really need this
I am Pat :>

I barely visit the forums, but when I do and u saw me reading your post. Expect a whole paragraph to be released about your topic. well except if I like your idea and the idea is perfect as it is, if so ill give u my support
SirPat

Post by SirPat »

phoenixffyrnig wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:04 pm PS - as usual, lovely artwork Squirrel. Of course, being an awkward bogger, I'm going to say I prefer the vertical sword of the rework but the 3/4 visible shield of the earlier version :lol:

Also agree with renaming Teuton Knight to Halbruder (should it have 2 Bs or not...?). I'm also wondering if there is the potential to suggest new and separate buildings for the different holy orders, Templars, Hospitallers, and Teutons, like a Chapter House. Halfway between a factory and a fortification, all the relevant units and techs, attack and heal abilities (both less than usual to comply with the hybrid rule) and maybe even an aura like with Dojo, but only for the units of that order.
just name the teuton, into Teutonic Halbbruther and this new unit into Teutonic Ritterbruther

put teutonic in the name so non german speakers will more get familiarized with the name of the units and to inform them that yes it is part of the teutonic order

I barely visit the forums, but when I do and u saw me reading your post. Expect a whole paragraph to be released about your topic. well except if I like your idea and the idea is perfect as it is, if so ill give u my support
SirPat

Post by SirPat »

Squirrel5555 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:40 pm Image rework

Stats:
Cost 5
Hp 34
Attack 12
Armor 5
Armor (pierce) 3
Sight 4
Speed 3

Bonuses like teuton
Conversion
Fear(? In which case higher cost)
Trained in monastery (can we move regular teuton to church? He has no business being locked in a mega building, maybe change his name to Halbruder?)

stats: idk just make it have more hp than upgraded templar, same armor but +1more p. armor and

and yes regular teuton must be trained in church and priory also I think

SirPat

Post by SirPat »

SirPat wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:46 am
phoenixffyrnig wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:04 pm PS - as usual, lovely artwork Squirrel. Of course, being an awkward bogger, I'm going to say I prefer the vertical sword of the rework but the 3/4 visible shield of the earlier version :lol:

just name the teuton, into Teutonic Halbbruder and this new unit into Teutonic Ritterbruder

put teutonic in the name so non german speakers will more get familiarized with the name of the units and to inform them that yes it is part of the teutonic order

Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Crusade leader is already added to priory actually.

About adding teutons to church - church has quite good set already - good cavalry, good heavy infantry, not so bad anti-mounted unit, only really lacking cheap units, especially archers.
But it's intentional disadvantage.
Giving it teutons just increases unit count, but cheapest of them might fill one of weaknesses.
Age of Strategy design leader
Squirrel5555

Post by Squirrel5555 »

Well, it doesn't have to be church, anywhere is fine. It's sad to see units unused because trebuchets are so important.. it's not like he is such a powerful unit anyway, to be locked behind castle gates :( :lol:
Well they will have a home when chapterhouses are added ;)
AOD Team - Join Us!
L4cus

Post by L4cus »

why not a church?
* deus vult intensifies *
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus...
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
SirPat

Post by SirPat »

Squirrel5555 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:00 pm Well, it doesn't have to be church, anywhere is fine. It's sad to see units unused because trebuchets are so important.. it's not like he is such a powerful unit anyway, to be locked behind castle gates :( :lol:
Well they will have a home when chapterhouses are added ;)
yeah true, so we need teuton specific buildings now so get that chapterhouse up and running
L4cus wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:23 pm why not a church?
* deus vult intensifies *
lol

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Isnt monastery teuton specific?
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
SirPat

Post by SirPat »

godOfKings wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:11 am Isnt monastery teuton specific?
It is kinda, and it's a mega building so we still need that chapterhouse idea

L4cus

Post by L4cus »

Endru1241 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:41 pm Crusade leader is already added to priory actually.

About adding teutons to church - church has quite good set already - good cavalry, good heavy infantry, not so bad anti-mounted unit, only really lacking cheap units, especially archers.
But it's intentional disadvantage.
Giving it teutons just increases unit count, but cheapest of them might fill one of weaknesses.
cant we have fanatics or pilgrims as cheap unit for them? maybe for priory...
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus...
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

We have crusaders for priory right? there is also a random chance to get a 4 turn worth unit (crusade knight, crusade crossbowman etc.) at 3 turn cost

If u add even cheaper units then no one will even make crusaders, forget templars or hospitallers
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Squirrel5555

Post by Squirrel5555 »

Another teuton image (I like making them randomly)
Attachments
teutonic_knightssssss.png
teutonic_knightssssss.png (1.13 KiB) Viewed 1273 times
AOD Team - Join Us!

Return to “Unit - melee infantry”