Antianeirai

Morningwarrior

Antianeirai

Post by Morningwarrior »

were members of an ancient nation of warrior women from Greek mythology, in the distant past the Amazons would have lived in Scythia, on Lake Meótis (present-day Azove Sea), but later they would have moved to Temiscira, on the Termodonte River, Herodotus called them Androktones ("killers of men"), stating that in the Cite language they were called Oiorpata, which he claimed to have this meaning.
Hp:25
Atk:8
Def:1/2
Spd:3
Cost:4
Sight:4
Actions:1
S.R:75%
Heal bonus:1.0
+50% damage vs flesh and blood units except heavy cavalry,heavy foot melee and elephant
+25% damage vs mounted
+30% damge vs buildings
+70% damage vs fortifield buildings
+355% damage vs mega buildings
+50% damage vs siege machine
+100% damage vs siege machine armored
+80% damage vs ships
Class:foot melee,sheild bearer,polearm weilder,primitive.
Build in towns,barracks and veterans primitive hut
Last edited by Morningwarrior on Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
I swore to protect and lead a great order that seeks enlightenment, I was chosen by the great star and I will pour out his fury against anyone who declares himself an enemy!
Badnorth

Re: Androktones

Post by Badnorth »

I was asked by @Morningwarrior to do it's image. With specific requests, a person with a shield and spear at defensive position. I agreed and rushed to do it. Here's the image.
Attachments
androktones.png
androktones.png (755 Bytes) Viewed 1136 times
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.
Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

Badnorth wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:05 am I was asked by @Morningwarrior to do it's image. With specific requests, a person with a shield and spear at defensive position. I agreed and rushed to do it. Here's the image.
wow it was very good, this can already be a start, thank you very much for that badnorth
I swore to protect and lead a great order that seeks enlightenment, I was chosen by the great star and I will pour out his fury against anyone who declares himself an enemy!
Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

What you think @Endru1241 ?
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

I thought you are planning to pick some image creation skills yourself?

Historically speaking it's OK. There are archaeological evidences about warrior women around the steppes (graves), as far west as the Black Sea from ancient times.
From various sources it would look like legends, but e.g. Herodotus (5c bc) made some great works, believing all those myths have some truth in them.
Now analysing historical evidences and various myths around the world it seems there must have been societies much more gender-equal in prehistoric times (according to some - even matriarchal, but works stating that were proven weak or even fake).
Dominating position of men is mostly believed as a natural result of shift to agriculture and related rise of feudalism, so we could bring few e.g. steppe or primitive units represented by women image.

As for concept itself - it's fine, but lacks some specialty.
Stats are on the lower side, so something could be added.

As North already mentioned image could use some polishing.

And one more thing - I believe Antianeirai would be better name - it means "equal to men" and represents historical truth more clearly.
Also Androktones shows Androktonus in google, which is type of scorpion (animal) - literally - killer of men.
Age of Strategy design leader
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

I'll improve the image later. It was rushed because i had something else to do before.
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Edited. @Morningwarrior, @Endru1241.
Attachments
androktones.png
androktones.png (973 Bytes) Viewed 1057 times
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

As for change name to Antianeirai, i like it.
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Antianeirai ranged?
Attachments
Antianeirai.png
Antianeirai.png (795 Bytes) Viewed 1053 times
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

edit
Attachments
Antianeirai.png
Antianeirai.png (744 Bytes) Viewed 1041 times
Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

Endru1241 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:09 pm I thought you are planning to pick some image creation skills yourself?

Historically speaking it's OK. There are archaeological evidences about warrior women around the steppes (graves), as far west as the Black Sea from ancient times.
From various sources it would look like legends, but e.g. Herodotus (5c bc) made some great works, believing all those myths have some truth in them.
Now analysing historical evidences and various myths around the world it seems there must have been societies much more gender-equal in prehistoric times (according to some - even matriarchal, but works stating that were proven weak or even fake).
Dominating position of men is mostly believed as a natural result of shift to agriculture and related rise of feudalism, so we could bring few e.g. steppe or primitive units represented by women image.

As for concept itself - it's fine, but lacks some specialty.
Stats are on the lower side, so something could be added.

As North already mentioned image could use some polishing.

And one more thing - I believe Antianeirai would be better name - it means "equal to men" and represents historical truth more clearly.
Also Androktones shows Androktonus in google, which is type of scorpion (animal) - literally - killer of men.
alright, besides i decided to put a more greek name to be more differentiated from other games, many people know amazons by name... amazons, something different to stand out would be interesting, now for me i searched androktones on google and nothing came up about a scorpion, our googles must show different related searches because of our countries probably, but I will change the name.
and yes, i am entering this world of pixel art to facilitate my future topics
Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

Badnorth wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:37 am Antianeirai ranged?
it might be a great idea for a unit to be hybrid like the Persian immortal and the Nordic assault archer, plus historically the amazons also used bows and adding a 3 hybrid unit to the game would be great.

Return to “Unit - melee infantry”