Battle Ram ⭐⭐⭐

Hyuhjhih
Location: Earth, (the part of blue ball and is named India for some reasons)

Battle Ram ⭐⭐⭐

Post by Hyuhjhih »

An anti structure unit, moderate health, low attack, average armour, huge bonus against structures. Ultimately two hitting walls.

Cost 3
Hp 20 》24 》28
Att 3 》4 》5
Arm 2/4》2/5》3/5
Speed 4 (speed 1 @ forest tiles)
MR 40%》40%》60%
Takes a quarter of counter damage

Bonus
2000% walls
700% buildings
1200% fortified buildings
4500% mega buildings

Trained at TC, blacksmith
Upgraded at blacksmith

Description 1: Running across the battle field, Ramming into every building, the only two things to stop these duos are lakes and tasty food. Ram!!!!!!!!!!

Description 2: The duos got iron bracelets and iron plated rams. But what they actually wanted was iron boots to run faster and longer. Ram!!!!!!!!!!

Description 3: The ram of iron fittings was much heavy for them to carry. They spent all their wages at the Smith's hut and made their ram light weight and long lasting golden rams. They did made a pair of golden bracelets for them to match their fashion. Ram!!!!!!!!!
Attachments
Battle Ram master alpha 1 by Hyuhjhih - frame0003.png
Battle Ram master alpha 1 by Hyuhjhih - frame0003.png (882 Bytes) Viewed 1523 times
Battle Ram Elite alpha 1 by Hyuhjhih - frame0002.png
Battle Ram Elite alpha 1 by Hyuhjhih - frame0002.png (869 Bytes) Viewed 1523 times
Battle Ram alpha 1 by Hyuhjhih - frame0001.png
Battle Ram alpha 1 by Hyuhjhih - frame0001.png (1.03 KiB) Viewed 1523 times
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Design leader of the variants Age of Gods and Age Of Civilization, and live heartedly contributing to AoS.

AoC discord server is up AoC
godOfKings

Re: Battle Ram ⭐⭐⭐

Post by godOfKings »

Y not show 2 tiny shields on top of their heads too?
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

I get it, the helmet look like Turban cloth right?
godOfKings wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:24 am Y not show 2 tiny shields on top of their heads too?
This really took a while for me to decrypt. Good one.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Design leader of the variants Age of Gods and Age Of Civilization, and live heartedly contributing to AoS.

Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Hyuhjhih wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:38 am Arm 2/4》2/5》3/5
Edited
Arm 2/3》2/4》3/4
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

I saw that shield, but you deleted it. :lol:

Edit: i am still seeing and you are keep deleting it. :lol:
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

But, I think a shield in hand while running with heavy log ram is impractical. Maybe you could help me by making the helmet more like a solid helmet

Btw, the shield you drew was pretty good on white bg.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

This looks fun. Image looks a little modern though.
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

.... (Good observation :P)

Historically vikings placed shield on top of their head while charging with battle ram to destroy gate
Attachments
Battle Ram shield2.png
Battle Ram shield2.png (1.29 KiB) Viewed 1487 times
Battle Ram shield.png
Battle Ram shield.png (1.35 KiB) Viewed 1487 times
Last edited by godOfKings on Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

i like their shields :)

The 1st one is better.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

I know, that y i kept deleting till i got it right

And without shields how can u protect shoulders and hands with just an oversized helmet, now u can account for the high p.armor

Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Yea. I like this idea. Cheaper but weaker ram with ability to cross forests or go in transports.
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Main focus of bonuses should change to gates instead of walls. Battering rams were mainly focused breaching gates after all.
So maybe:
1500% gates
700% Walls

And removing Melee armor should also be considered. They have no melee defence at all.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

No

Cuz no one makes gates or walls in games so standard battering ram damage and bonus

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

My take:

Foot ram>>Heavy foot ram >>Siege foot ram
Cost:3
Builder: Barracks, Siege workshop
Upgrade tech: same as battering ram upgrade tech but only available in siege workshop
Hp: 20/24/28
Atk: 5/6/8
Armor: 0/4 >>1/5>>2/6
Speed: 3 (same in forest)
Can also b carried in wagon, cannot b carried in category chariot, siege machine armored (so no battering ram or siege tower)
Mental resist: 30% (half of battering ram)
Heal bonus: 1.0

Bonus: 300% buildings
700% fortification
2500% mega buildings

Category: Foot, melee, anti-building, big-shield bearer

Upgrade tech can b same one for upgrading battering ram

Also as it is melee it can get high morale bonus
Attachments
unit_siege_foot_ram.png
unit_siege_foot_ram.png (1.17 KiB) Viewed 1404 times
unit_heavy_foot_ram.png
unit_heavy_foot_ram.png (1.18 KiB) Viewed 1404 times
unit_foot_ram.png
unit_foot_ram.png (1.24 KiB) Viewed 1404 times
Last edited by godOfKings on Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:34 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

I would have kept the damage as much low as possible and increasing bonus enormously just to 2 shot walls and gates and not at all good for anything else. And i think the arm i suggested was good so atleast archers keep a slight threat to them.

Speed , running @4, forest keeps them from running so 1, maybe 2.

Shield on top, maybe vikings had but sure Indian history didn't spotted a shield. This makes a path here on image to follow
1, Vikings?
2, Indians?

godOfKings wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:53 am Cuz no one makes gates or walls in games so standard
Atleast the special uses on campaign maps is significant.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

What about keeping them vulnerable to both fire and poison.
Excluding from several buffs like bard, blacksmith, and high morale. And not effected by roads and miscs of speed like drums.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

I was thinking the viking way of course, i mean who is dumb enough to run naked with a log towards a wall full of archers waiting to shower u with hundreds of arrows, i think ur indian historian has the wrong info or u got another glorified cinematic image

it will count as melee, it gets morale buff, its base dmg is already so low it cant handle any enemy melee unit at all, so instead has some defense against archers and fire resistance, also can get double action bard spell making it very scary against buildings, i dont know y u want to make it so useless with so low dmg and only useful against walls wen its just a cheaper battering ram,

i think u r thinking of clash royale wen u suggested this unit thats y u think it should have 4 speed wen its much heavier than a fully armored knight,

Anyways this unit is substitute of ram in forests, its not that big that it cant run through forests unless u r in the amazon jungle, it counts as foot unit, its weakness r other foot units and knights, it is strong against buildings, towers and durable against archers

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Also if u want to 2 shot walls, always use samurai, they can 2 shot fortress too

Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

They did wore helmets though. Ok , we can give shields, speed 4(3 at forest).
Not cinematic stuff man.
ImageImage
Why i want base dmg low, cause it is easy to dodge a charging ram without a bare scratch on skin. And with this health,arm,and decent damage at cost 3, will be a replacement to many cost 3 units, which i don't want to happen.
CR? Not at all, I hadn't played it for 3 years. And i now recollect the barbarian rams. Honestly, i didn't purposefully did, but may have influenced me from the depth of memory to draw the image which, somewhat has similarity on duos.
Carried wagon, how come a large log fit in a wagon for fitting in foots only.I can't judge turtle machines though.

Not only amazon, all forest will surely resist the speed of running men with heavy logs cause they are not running a straight line through forest. So a speed penalty is must in my opinion.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

The greek derived rams were a different case.

The indian rams used the impact force to break through concrete lines and shield line formation, along with building momentum through charging at high speed.

The greek rams were shorter, lighter and weaker, usually carried by one and rarely two men. It had sharp edges, and used thrust and momentum to pierce through shields and enemy barricades, they were most ideal in breaking wooden structures, like siege weaponry, and was efficient in charging onto army men as well, because of lighter weight and shorter length, and was fatal enough than a spear stab over chest.

Greek rams ImageImageImageImage
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Compare all 3 turn melee infantry units with this stat

Hp 20
Atk 5
Armor 0/4
Speed 3 (also in forest)
Can enter in wagon, cannot enter chariot, siege machine armored

Total Bonus dmg:
300% to buildings>> 20
700% to fortifications>> 40
2500% to mega>> 130

Tell me exactly which 3 turn units r weaker than this stat? It will barely have a fair fight with swordsman
Last edited by godOfKings on Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

I have no Problem with GoK stats. It looks balanced as a cheaper ram unit.
Infantry units shouldn't have a problem with defeating this as it has no armor, weak attack and is Armoured Siege machine category. Most infantry melee units has bonuses against it.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

A battering ram is big, moves on wheels, if 2 or 3 trees surround it it cannot go through them, but a log is just a log, u can carry it vertically, u can place it inside a horse drawn wagon, the men who carry the logs r strong and experienced in war, they can maneuver through trees, easily, may b 4 men grabs a log vertically from 4 sides and then start running through the trees, its possible

Also 4 speed is only for light armored infantry, log is too heavy to run with 4 speed so it cant have 4 speed

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

I can reduce bonus on buildings to make it more balanced, may b 300% dealing 20 dmg total?

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

The main advantage of this unit will b it is fast and has protection against arrows of archers and towers and deal good damage

I have added images to the original stat post

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Badnorth wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:58 am Infantry units shouldn't have a problem with defeating this as it has no armor, weak attack and is Armoured Siege machine category. Most infantry melee units has bonuses against it.
U made a mistake here, it is not siege machine since no enemy will target a log of wood

This unit is considered foot melee, and big shield bearer so knights and anti big shield unit like maceman and flail will have bonus against it

So since its melee it can get 4 speed with a drummer beside it, or high morale buff from commander units, although it shouldnt get sword upgrade from blacksmith, it can get infantry armor upgrade

Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

In another words,this is flesh and blood ram,just a group of soldiers with a big and heavy ram weapon.
I swore to protect and lead a great order that seeks enlightenment, I was chosen by the great star and I will pour out his fury against anyone who declares himself an enemy!
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

It is called foot ram for a reason

Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

📢 need audience.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

I guess image needs to be improved. Still looks modern to me. Even with the shields added into the image.

I suggest to change the beret or whatever the soldiers are wearing to helmets. Viking helmets would be best. And change their clothes too medieval looking. It's just like a soldier from AoWw holding a battle ram for me.

Return to “Unit - melee infantry”