Kung Fu Master

Radioescucha

Kung Fu Master

Post by Radioescucha »

In China, deep in the mountains, there are temples that keep the secrets of superhuman strength and spiritual balance, reserved only for the pure of heart who have the courage to undertake this journey, their caregivers, practitioners and teachers live in these places. but among them there are the best, humans who have achieved great power and wisdom, these are called Kung Fu masters

It occurred to me to create a new group of units and structures based on the temples in China, but I don't know exactly how to do it, in units are the disciples, the Kung Fu master, the guardian monks and the Chinese sages, in structures I would add the "mountain temple", I will think about the improvements if someone is interested in this idea

I hope answers and a serious debate
Hyuhjhih
Location: Earth, (the part of blue ball and is named India for some reasons)

Re: Kung Fu Master

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Lol. I learned kung fu for a few years and i always wanted to add it.

For those who are unaware of, the term Kungfu(pronounced as Gong Fou) derived from Kung(hard work, deep practice) Fu (time spent). It is the parent martial art of chineese Wushu, Japaneese Karate,
Indian Kalari and extinct forms like Thylon and Adimurai.

The main objective of kung fu is lighter punches within shortest time which result in heavier impact forces with least energy spent. The stances and styles, along with various techniques and mannerisms of both animals and mythical monsters proved to the backbone of the art.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Design leader of the variants Age of Gods and Age Of Civilization, and live heartedly contributing to AoS.

AoC discord server is up AoC
Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Cost 8 (need an era of training to be effective in the form)
Hp 45 (strong mental and physical stamina as well as resistance)
Att 7
Act 3
Arm (4/3)
Speed 4
Range 1
MR 100%
30% bonus towards melee foot

Trained at TC, Dojo(should be replaced by Shaolin Temple once such factory exclusively for chineese appear)
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Design leader of the variants Age of Gods and Age Of Civilization, and live heartedly contributing to AoS.

Radioescucha

Post by Radioescucha »

and we must add the skill "Veteran", because kung fu masters learn from each battle, what do you mean?
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Veteran is a dangerous effect to add. Especially to a powerful unit with multiple actions. So just No.
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

From what i've seen in the forums, turns doesn't have a specific time or something. It may be a day, week, month or a a couple of years. We also already have a very, very similar unit - Shaolin Monk. Which has been marked as accepted but still isn't implemented.

For stats, i'll just suggest to remove the pierce armor. They are very experienced in hand to hand combat but it is ridiculous to fend off a barrage arrows and other projectiles by using martial arts. If the pierce armor is completely removed then reduce cost to 6. Idk what's left to remove, maybe more damage but reduce actions by 1.
Radioescucha

Post by Radioescucha »

I understand your point, but is like a samurai and nodachi samurai
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

?
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Radioescucha wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:07 am I understand your point, but is like a samurai and nodachi samurai
I don't really get what you said here.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

So can punches and kicks block a sword/axe? Or does he use a weapon
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

It should have a weapon but it seems the proposed ideas by them were using fists and kicks.
Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Guys watch some kungfu films to admire it.
IP man, kunfu hustle, .... they all work great. And not probably kungfu panda, cause we are not making a panda here. 😁
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Ip man used many weapons, kung fu hustle is unrealistic as no one croaks or jumps like a frog in real life, or survives a fall from 20 storeys height, if u take ip man as reference then american boxers with steroid overdose can easily beat down a bunch of kung fu fighters
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

I just told you to admire, not judge. Anyway, i am expecting a new unit proposed by GodofKings , named Steroidal American boxers, right after implementing this unit. 😁😁😁 Not serious buddy..
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

godOfKings wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:59 am Ip man used many weapons, kung fu hustle is unrealistic as no one croaks or jumps like a frog in real life, or survives a fall from 20 storeys height, if u take ip man as reference then american boxers with steroid overdose can easily beat down a bunch of kung fu fighters
Actually falling down and surviving is possible. If you fall and use momentum for struddle.
Kung fu fighter is fine as for me but it must be impossible for them to fight against armored targets even with some weapons (knuckles?).
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Radioescucha

Post by Radioescucha »

Is litle dificult for me speak with your selves (im speak spanish), i try to say, my idea was to make a unit of 10 turns and unique such as the inquisitor of the Catholic knights, but unlike this new division outside of Chinese units, a disciple who knows kung fu was able to defeat an armed soldier during the colonial period, only that they refused to participate in wars, a Shaolin monk was an expert in hand-to-hand combat, a Kung fu master was a person who had exceeded human limits, if with basic techniques you can break tables today a Master of kun fu could break solid rock walls with one punch, those who were defeated by them often became disciples, so why not create a new tree of technologies with them and their techniques?, I think I deviate a lot from the topic
Radioescucha

Post by Radioescucha »

godOfKings wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:44 am So can punches and kicks block a sword/axe? Or does he use a weapon

itself is not blocking, what they do is deflect the blow what they do to reduce damage
Radioescucha

Post by Radioescucha »

Badnorth wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:40 am
Radioescucha wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:07 am I understand your point, but is like a samurai and nodachi samurai
I don't really get what you said here.
I really do not remember that I wanted to say
Radioescucha

Post by Radioescucha »

Hyuhjhih wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:59 pm I just told you to admire, not judge. Anyway, i am expecting a new unit proposed by GodofKings , named Steroidal American boxers, right after implementing this unit. 😁😁😁 Not serious buddy..
I agree, we ned this fun unit
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Radioescucha wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:00 pm
godOfKings wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:44 am So can punches and kicks block a sword/axe? Or does he use a weapon

itself is not blocking, what they do is deflect the blow what they do to reduce damage
Can he also deflect arrows and bullets? Wat about a cannon ball or a giant stone from trebuchet? Can he like jump really high then smash the stone to pieces with a single kick? Wat about hundreds of arrows from a hwacha?

Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

If it's XianXia martial artist then destroying your phone and hitting your face frome inside the game would not be out of question, including assumption that you are a higher god to in-game world (kill, clone, reveal - those sounds like a god).

Films more often concentrate on "only" fantasy mage level.
Although it much varies - I think I saw one in which there was literally splitting the mountains/moving the sea level.

As for p.armor - apart of real armor and dodge/parry, it can also be understood as ability to quickly find cover (skirmisher style), hide behind peasants/servants (guerilla style), have a specific reputation, that discourages attacks (prayer tech).
In short - any way that allows to reliably decrease ranged attacks damage.
Age of Strategy design leader
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

If its xianxia world, then possibility is limitless, just a single midicinal pill gives the strength to destroy the earth or travel from one star system to another withh a single step

Then u can also comprehend the law of heaven and earth and sword is no longer a physical object but the Dao

DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Obviously even though many of them are master in "hand to hand" combat. Many participated in the war with "WEAPONS" like seriously, they literally have thousands of arts for them that they have techniques that still wasn't discovered by the europeans in their long history of war.

But yeah, I don't agree with them exceeding humans limits. That's actually the vikings that uses drugs not them.

They can maybe act as like the templar but more concentrated in infantry. I was actually more in favor of the Japanese monk warriors that can train loyal soldiers which will work like mercenary but without limit but this should also be good as the game doesn't have that much chinese units.
Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Lol, GoK where is this topic overflowing 🥶🤒. All i proposed is this.
Hyuhjhih wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:58 am Cost 8 (need an era of training to be effective in the form)
Hp 45 (strong mental and physical stamina as well as resistance)
Att 7
Act 3
Arm (4/3)
Speed 4
Range 1
MR 100%
30% bonus towards melee foot

Trained at TC, Dojo(should be replaced by Shaolin Temple once such factory exclusively for chineese appear)
Where is the inhuman or steroidal part here dude.

Speed 4 represents his agility, and a total 21 att..... what could possibly go wrong for an 8 turn unit which is quite vulnerable to arrows its self. Or atleast, their 3 act is also a curse on them, on behalf of counters.

Arm,4/3 . The dog has 2/2 arms you know. Ie, an untrained, less intelligent, unarmored scout dog has more arm than a swordsman or spear man and can survive at the cost 2, ie, 2 dogs, can survive much longer from archer shots. Even a berserker on ability has 9/5 ,ie, he can literally spit out even gunshot that landed on him without being scratched.

So, relying solely upon logic part is not possible.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

DreJaDe wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:38 pm Obviously even though many of them are master in "hand to hand" combat. Many participated in the war with "WEAPONS" like seriously, they literally have thousands of arts for them that they have techniques that still wasn't discovered by the europeans in their long history of war.

But yeah, I don't agree with them exceeding humans limits. That's actually the vikings that uses drugs not them.

They can maybe act as like the templar but more concentrated in infantry. I was actually more in favor of the Japanese monk warriors that can train loyal soldiers which will work like mercenary but without limit but this should also be good as the game doesn't have that much chinese units.
Yes, they did used weapons, but they were higher grades like samurai's, and masters still was concerned with ethics that were to not harm others body, unless they are threatened.

So adding a sword or wudang on the sensei's Sprite would look good.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Is this a similar post? shaolin monk he has multiple action, self heal and 2/2 armor

Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

If we are allowed to provide dodge melee and ranged, yep, it may become a similar unit. But masters were lower grade than monks. And a bit rounded aspects.

But that, from what i understand, is a typical unit which could be a near legendary. And the cost, at this era of AoS, 5 is too low. Because the units have grown up in the 6 years. So , at this point of game, that one is surely unbalanced.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Return to “Unit - melee infantry”