Campaign of Honor! (AoF)

Sunrise Samurai

Re: Campaign of Honor! (AoF)

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

Even the nerf we want to see won't change the fact that he can probably hold those choke points indefinitely with minimal input to what he already has. This is undoubtedly a draw, since it is also impossible for him to push outward without losing his troops and being forced back to the same position.
The glorious sun rises again
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Welcome back, are you finally finished what you were doing?
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Hopefully you take your turn, unless you too busy and you need to withdraw.
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Sorry for the delay everyone, been travelling :)

However, here is our game:

As you can see, the battle rages with no end in sight. He has managed to get a dragon into attack range with some clever positioningm and he will probably get a good hit on my somewhere this turn. However, he still has no way to fight my castles, or my hordes of death knights. Unfortunately, undead also have no way of breaking through tough fortifications, which he has niw managed to raise.

It is turn 51. I think we will go to turn 60 or so, but if no clear winner emerges by then, I am willing to concede this battle lol, just so that the campaign can move on. :lol:
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
Sunrise Samurai

I'd suggest putting one of you in the adjacent territory. You both are in decent positions, with no risk of losing really. I think it is justified the say someone could have easily migrated troops to an uncontested territory nearby when it became obvious the battle is unwinnable.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

I well soon retakes those towns.
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Yes, if there is no clear winner by turn 60, we could just call it a draw and one of us go to nearby territory lol.

From now on, a low pop limit and no turn timer is NOT a good idea. I will not ban it, but it such settings can certainly result in stalemates. The problem is that even with a production advantage, fortifications cannot really be breached. Have fun trying to take down multiple castles or stone towers when you only have 50 troops, and simaltaneously have to defend everywhere else on the map lol.
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Doomcarrot
There is one little secret for undeads: Their flesh golems don't count towards pop limit.
You can make 20/50/200 flesh golems in addition to your main troops.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

:o

:shock:

:twisted:

Good to know. However, this turn proved good for me. I managed to attack with 5 death knights, and fireballed the heck out of brave's territory. He lost most of his factories, and his towers are all in flames. I have set myself up to crush any counter attack he attempts to make.

I might not even need to use flesh golems, although they have been useful in taking down some of his stone shelters.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Brave and I are thinking about restarting our game instead of picking territories.

We have reached a bit of a stalemate, and my units are basically glitched out to the point I can't take my turn lol. Would you guys mind waiting for us to play again?
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

It's time to start over.
Sunrise Samurai

It would certainly be faster than waiting on this one to end. I suggest raising the population limit this time.
Sunrise Samurai

Any news?
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Yeah, I took like a week or two break from playing, a bunch of projects irl demanded my full attention lately lol, but me and Brave have continued our rematch game this week. We are fairly far along. Right now he holds one of my former tcs, but I have launched a massive attack on multiple fronts that seems to be turning the tide in my favor. I shall post screenshots outlining the game so far.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Early game: Both sides rushed to their tcs, we both immediately began construction of a mansion and volcano, resectively. I built a well rounded set of factories to deal with any strategy Brave might attempt. He began building many uruk camps.

We both sent an expedition force West. I took the western tc, but he quickly overran it with superior forces, forcing me to retreat and regroup at the southern canyon. Brave began building many volcanoes, probbly hoping to enact his endgame. I quicky developed a large army on two fronts, and attacked with bth at the same time. Brave suffered very heavy losses, including an ettin, some wolf riders, and many workers. I have now raised troos behind his lines, and his workers are forced to waste turns by building stone piles to protect themselves.

At the beginning of my attack:

One turn later (my last turn):

Score riht now is almost equal, each with ust over 1300 points.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

My main army surges deep into orc territory, causing much destruction in its wake, as it reinforces itself with the orcish dead.

The invasion has certainly caught the general off-guard. It has provided much needed relief for my Western front, as the general is forced to retreat from his conquered tc to reinforce his outnumbered soldiers on the mountain. Many of his men were slain in the retreat, although their sacrafice was effective, as it held my forces at bay for his shaman to escape north.

In the undead camps, a dragon is born from the corpses of those who were slain in the first battle of the sacred mountain....

My points just outnumbered Brave's for the first time in many turns. Roughly 1400-1300.

General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Yes I was out 'smarted' and definitely didn't know about the his move. Anyways can you make Age of strategy game, because I don't really know if I do make one will you accepted in time. Unless you are not busy anymore?
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Well defender is supposed to make the map lol, but I suppose I can if you want. I'll pm you the details. :)
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Okay I wait for them.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

THings have taken a turn for the worse against me.

Brave has managed to defeat my invasion, and somehow barely held his ground at his frontline TC. He is now producing many uruk hai, and with his production bonus, is seriously overwhelming my frontline.

He has many dragons just outside the fray, which I suspect he will send in all at once when his uruk hai breech my fortifications. Our scores are still fairly close, but I am not so ignorant to not see my severe disadvantage at this point.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Might not end well for him.
Sunrise Samurai

Way to go GB. Should we let the carrot retreat to the empty territory while he still has enough points to justify it?
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Simply no, he shall fight.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Brave has utterly defeated me, after an epic second battle of the sacred mountain.

I honestly toally forgot I could retreat because the map image got taken down for some reason (actually every image I ever posted suddenly went poof for some reason).

However, rules are rules, and I did not issue a formal retreat before he won simply by point limits lol.

I have updated the map, and will continue to manage this campaign, but I have been eliminated! Three players remain!
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Sunrise may take his turn!
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Good thing I saved the Trophy, let's begin.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

No worries, every image is saved on my pc, I am just too lazy to go through the forums and reupload EVERY single photo that got removed by postimage lol.

I still have all trophies and all campaign maps/tourney brackets saved
Sunrise Samurai

Obviously, I'm going to move my army back to 8. No sense leaving it locked back there
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Uhm...
You could raise army at 8 instead.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Yeah that means more forces to play with.
I'd like to raise an army on 3 if possible.
OLÉ

Return to “Championship”