Campaign of Valor! (AoS)

DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Campaign of Valor! (AoS)

Post by DoomCarrot »

First off, thank you everyone for your cooperation in getting this organized. Let's see how this goes :)

Rules for this campaign can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=71&t=5043

The Map: (this will be updated at the end of every players turn, and at the end of every round)

Map key:

1. Frozen Valley
2. White Field
3. Tropical ocean
4. Riverside
5. Perilous Realm
6. Greenfield 30x30
7. Great Sands
8. Dry Canyon
9. Island

Order of turns: makazuwr32, General Brave, godofkings, DoomCarrot, Puss_in_boots

The order of turns was decided by roll of the dice (literally lol). Don't worry, it is fair and balanced, as order of turns reverse each round. Therefore, the order of turns for even-numbered rounds is:

Puss_in_boots, DoomCarrot, godofkings, General Brave, makazuwr32

Lastly, here is the trophy for the ultimate winner. You may keep this in your signature as a badge of VALOR if you win this campaign:

Last edited by DoomCarrot on Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:46 pm, edited 16 times in total.
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Re: Campaign of Valor! (AoS)

Post by DoomCarrot »

May round 1 commence! makazuwr32 may choose his starting territory! :)
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

I choose Frozen Valley
The Bravest people must sit in the coldest places!
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

mak has chosen his starting territory like a true Russian. :)

General Brave may choose his starting territory!
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

1. this is already first turn or not?
2. after everyone chooses starting territory for themselves i can move my army to sectors Number 2,3,4 and 5?

Just to be sure that i didn't miss something.

Reminds me a bit a very-very-very old game "Dune 2000": in campain for one of nations you start to conquer new planet with 2 other opponents. and while the game itself is not the same, the map concept is similar.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

1. Yes
2. No. After all players have selected a starting territory, round 1 is done, and therefore Round 2 begins, with a reversed order of play, so although you got to select a map first, you will take the last action in round 2
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

I see.
Thanks for the answers.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

The 'Island' will feed the people of Warfell for years to come.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Updated! Godofkings may now choose his starting territory!
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

DoomCarrot wrote:First off, thank you everyone for your cooperation in getting this organized. Let's see how this goes :)

Rules for this campaign can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=71&t=5043

The Map: (this will be updated at the end of every players turn, and at the end of every round)

Map key:

1. Frozen Valley
2. White Field
3. Tropical ocean
4. Riverside
5. Perilous Realm
6. Greenfield 30x30
7. Great Sands
8. Dry Canyon
9. Island

Order of turns: makazuwr32, General Brave, godofkings, DoomCarrot, Puss_in_boots

The order of turns was decided by roll of the dice (literally lol). Don't worry, it is fair and balanced, as order of turns reverse each round. Therefore, the order of turns for even-numbered rounds is:

Puss_in_boots, DoomCarrot, godofkings, General Brave, makazuwr32

Lastly, here is the trophy for the ultimate winner. You may keep this in your signature as a badge of VALOR if you win this campaign:

nice drawing! :)
if u make it digitally you could put this mapdrawing (by a link) into all map intro text indicating where the player will play actually in the drawn map.
i can upload the images on server so u can reference it from the intro text (this is how i did on the AOS historical campaigns)
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Yes, but this is not a single player campaign. :)
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Also, this is digital, I simply used effects to make it look like an actual paper map :)
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

About rounds i think that better order of play is not "Regular round, Reversed order round" because Puss_in_boots will have 2 actions in a row and at the end of round i will have 2 actions in a row while everyone else wouldn't.
I suggest next order (also it is a bit more complicated):
Each round has 5 subrounds (not turns for each of players' move)
1st Subround: normal order - 1,2,3,4,5
2nd Subround: 5,1,2,3,4
3rd Subround: 4,5,1,2,3
4th Subround: 3,4,5,1,2
5th Subround: 2,3,4,5,1
In this order for 5 subrounds each plaeyr has 1 time when he has 2 actions in a row and between his actions is constant amount of turns and is [number of players] +1 'till double action.
If one of players will lose (for example 1) then just decrease number of subrounds:
1st: 2,3,4,5
2nd: 5,2,3,4
3rd: 4,5,2,3
4th: 3,4,5,2

Also some questions:
1. If someone in a round decide to attack me before my turn can i firstly battle with him and after win (maybe) counterattack that player in my turn or i must decide to move or defend for my armies before the battle?
2. And what to do if i decide to move my army to opponent's sector while he desides to move his army from that sector to my sector from where i want to move?
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Taking your turn first is not a significant advantage. Matter of fact, it could be a disadvantage, as the next players don't have to wonder what you will do. Taking two turns in a row is not necessarily bad, because they occur in entirely different rounds. The only thing it does is switch the advantage/disadvantage of turn order each round.

I think that is the same thing your system attempts to do as well, but much more gradually, which might actually be a not good idea, because some players will probably be killed in the first few rounds, and under a gradual system like that, some players may never get to take the first/close to first turn.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

1. You cannot wait until after the battle to take your turn. All battles happen at the end of the round, however, you don't HAVE to do anything on your turn, and if you only have 1 army and 1 territory and it is attacked, you can just choose to stay and defend it.

2. In the rules, there is a rule that says when an army is attacked, it cannot move into any territories it is being attacked from. So you cannot just "swap" territories. If a player attacks an army somewhere, you must either defend the territory, or move the army/attack with it somewhere else
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

DoomCarrot wrote:... because some players will probably be killed in the first few rounds, and under a gradual system like that, some players may never get to take the first/close to first turn.
I'm afraid, that that player can be me.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Lol, don't worry, most of these maps are fairly large, and your play style seems better suited for that then our little 1v1 :)
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Tropical islands i really don't like and White Field is also not so good because there almost no plase to build a castle
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

7 great sands
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Sry for being so late, I kind of got lost and couldn't find this page :lol:

Who wants a piece of me, come fight me if u dare :twisted:
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

I am a bit preoccupied at the moment and do not have my computer, but I shall update the map tomorrow! It is my turn, so I will choose white field as my starting territory. It is puss_in_boots’s turn to choose his starting territory :)
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

Once puss chooses a start, moves can begin, and then battles can be displayed. Round 1 will probably be expansion into the easiest available territory​, but I can see a few players pick a fight right away
The glorious sun rises again
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

I think I will have to pick,
3. Tropical Oceans!
OLÉ
Sunrise Samurai

Looks like the selection process is finished. Puss, you can probably decide who you want to attack....err. where you want your army to go now.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Yes forgive my absence I still canmt update the map until tomorrow, but puss can decide what he wants to do on his turn now
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Sure, I will just have territory 4 please. :)
OLÉ
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

I got a question, suppose someone attacks my territory in his turn, but the territory has no army and my turn comes after his turn, can I recruit the army in that territory on my turn and defend my territory?

Sunrise Samurai

The rules seem to indicate this as a reasonable possibility. A distinct advantage to having a later move, actually, is the ability to react to your opponents movement without them being able to respond.

For example, (sorry puss) puss just took an empty territory, leaving his original territory open for grabs, and he can't do a thing to protect it.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

XD such was my plan anyways, well doom after Ur turn u can move my army to 3

DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Forgive me for the delay everyone! I was away last night and got back today.

Map has been updated for all moves. I chose 2 as my starting territory, and invade territory 1 as my move. Mak shall either face immediate defeat or victory! This is interesting, as mak cannot retreat from this battle, but if I lose, I shall have nowhere to retreat should someone attack me next round. General brave may now take his turn!

Return to “Championship”