What is a League Director?

COOLguy

What is a League Director?

Post by COOLguy »

I quote from earlier:
Here is a more detailed explanation of what a league [director] would do. It's not really that hard or time consuming.

1) A league [director] would fill out his league with teams/players(2, 4, or 8). So they would be in charge of recruiting players for there leagues when they are first formed, plus if any of their players drop out of the tournaments. Keep in mind that having a strong league will help the rankings of everyone else on that league. Meaning that even if you're always getting your butt kicked, if your league is cleaning house against every other league, you may be ranked higher than Chuck Norris if he's kickin' tail on a weak league. :)
2) A league [director] would keep his league on schedule. Basically just making sure the players are starting their games and getting me the results on time. Again, not too challenging, but if I was "league leader" of like 50 of them, that would get complicated.
3) A league [director] sets the initial rules for his league. This isn't set in stone yet. Options may include allowing teams as players, allowing upgrades,... etc.
4) A league [director] is in charge of inter-league negotiations. Like if you want to trade players with another league to get a more balanced league.

I think that's it. Not too hard - the main thing is making sure your league has 2, 4, or 8 players, and then getting me game results. Changes in leagues (like new players joining, or swapping players) just need the approval of the involved (league [director]s that are involved/ players that are involved).
[from balint]If I underatand right these are the main tasks:
-recruit 2,4,8 people to your league
-manage person trades, if a person has much more experience and/or more ipgrades
- set the rules for your league.
Last edited by COOLguy on Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks!
Josh
max-damage

Re: What is a League Leader?

Post by max-damage »

This term should probably changed to League Director, since a league leader is the player/team that is leading a given league in stats like wins, losses, strike-outs, etc.,... ;-)
It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people wonder if you're a fool than to open it and remove all doubt...
balint

Post by balint »

that will be the league chaampion :)
This is Hungary and winter is coming.
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Yes. I guess I need to provide an index of name definitions. :)
Thanks!
Josh
max-damage

Post by max-damage »

balint wrote:that will be the league chaampion :)
Not until the end of the season and the championship is decided...the league leader might change from round to round during the course of a season... ;-)
It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people wonder if you're a fool than to open it and remove all doubt...
COOLguy

Re: What is a League Director?

Post by COOLguy »

updated LL>LD change
Thanks!
Josh

Return to “FAQ”