To be implemented - Multiplayer Game Limits

COOLguy

To be implemented - Multiplayer Game Limits

Post by COOLguy »

"Well let's see I guess there are four ways to limit a game:

1) # of players standing - right now it is last player/team standing. It could be last "n" of players standing, where "n" is supplied by the game maker. Meaning that if "n" is 2, then the last 2 players left are the winners. There would need to be at least one more player than "n" selected. So if "n" is 2, there must be at least 3 players; if "n" is 4, there must be at least 5 players.

2) in real time - This would be selected in hours, and would begin counting down as soon as the game is started.

3) in turns - This is selected in turns

4) by date - The game is ended on a predetermined date (ie 2400 Greenwich Time March 17, 2015)

Any/all of these limits can be set on a multiplayer game. When one of the limits is reached, the game is ended and the winner declared (by most points). I think there should be notifications when the match is about halfway and 3/4 finished and on the last 5-1 hours/turns."

For the tournament, I think numbers 3 and 4 will be used (they should be implemented before the others). What does everyone think? Is it making sense or should I explain better?
Thanks!
Josh
ejm29

Re: To be implemented - Multiplayer Game Limits

Post by ejm29 »

I like it! And it makes perfect sense to me! ;)
"I don't care who I have to step on on my way down."
draakjee

Post by draakjee »

i also think the last one (4) is the best for the tournament :)
RiverRaider 1097

Post by RiverRaider 1097 »

So you are saying when its time to skip a player instead of wait on him skip no matter the situation or time zone, also it sounds like the game must be played within 24 hr.time limit is this correct?
and remember,wherever your at,there you are
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Um, I think so, if I understand you correctly. Only if 24 hr is the selected game limit.
Thanks!
Josh

Return to “Other”