Vote Skip/Kick Option

Any other ideas that does not fit to the specific categories.
Puss_in_Boots

Vote Skip/Kick Option

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

The host can toggle votes for skipping/kicking a player turn (either or/both). Both require 1/2 (rounded up) of human player count to vote yay or nay.

The maximum required amount of votes decay per day to prevent dead games from occupying an individual's gamelist.
OLÉ
Shark guy 35

Re: Vote Skip/Kick Option

Post by Shark guy 35 »

Reminds me to Among Us emergency meetings for some reason lol.

That aside, I like this idea but it seems hard to code.
"A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week".
-General George S. Patton
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

nice idea - but this case we will need to "skip" the not answering voters too - lol :)

guys: if someone has no time in 24h to take a turn it can be skipped, i dont see problem with it, naturally if he said in chat he has issues for a few days than other "can" consider it work waiting.

but i dont want to slow down game flow because of harder skipping/kicking mechanisms.
Squirrel5555

Post by Squirrel5555 »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:20 am nice idea - but this case we will need to "skip" the not answering voters too - lol :)

guys: if someone has no time in 24h to take a turn it can be skipped, i dont see problem with it, naturally if he said in chat he has issues for a few days than other "can" consider it work waiting.

but i dont want to slow down game flow because of harder skipping/kicking mechanisms.
Nice to have more options though, after all a player can set up his own game if he disagrees with the settings.
Of course, if a player does not take his turn within the allotted time, it is fine if someone skips them, therefore it would be nice to have the option for a limitless timer/disable skipping for a game between trusted players.
AOD Team - Join Us!
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i see that more options are nice, but dont forget this would steal time from other implementations that might be more important (at least as i think)

so i dont want to promise anything soon about changing the way currently anyone is skippable if missed to take turn in 24 hours.

Return to “Others”