EXEC Command - add trnWalkTerrain Command

Any other ideas that does not fit to the specific categories.
Puss_in_Boots

EXEC Command - add trnWalkTerrain Command

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

I thought that because I want units to move in places where they shouldn't (in my campaigns).

It would be especially useful to have a command called
"ADDWALK" that, operates similarly to ADDSPEC, but in this case it appends a dictionary to trnWalkTerrain array.

So let's say it accepts 2 values seperated by space, a string and a float, terrainType and modifier. Then adds
That as a dictionary to the array trnWalkTerrain of obj1 or objs in area1 to area2.
OLÉ
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: EXEC Command - add trnWalkTerrain Command

Post by Stratego (dev) »

please tell me example usage as i can not imagine any case it would be useful :)
Puss_in_Boots

Re: EXEC Command - add trnWalkTerrain Command

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Useful? As in how many uses it has? Well now that flying spec does not give free terrain movement:

As far as skirmish map narrative is concerned, if the unit(s) is supposedly capable, they should be able to climb or swim.

Also it lets me move objs into areas where I normally wouldn't be able to. :P

I wouldn't reccomend use on siege, but, if they don't have transformation, could be allowed into forest tiles in a heavy forest setting. I don't think anything keeps trnWalkTerrain on transformations, but it shouldn't be too hard to renew, if desired, with looping trigger and objs player1 in area

An inverse command would also be great for a "cave" setting, I like to use cliffs for cave walls and many units that belong in caves (trolls) tend to "climb over", and flying units tend to "fly over" those walls.
OLÉ

Return to “Others”