AOS ToDo List - List of code changes requests for AoS

Any other ideas that does not fit to the specific categories.
Endru1241

Re: AOS ToDo List - List of code changes requests for AoS

Post by Endru1241 »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:06 pm actually i would not do it with standard auras. aura is a thing that inflicts tru all units and walls.
so it is not a bug but a good feature.
so it is working fine that all unis on that tile - upper level and lower level in carriage herarchy -> so in any level - will get affected by that an aura

the thing you are looking for is not an "aura" thing but a "affecting only containing units" thing.

this also can be made by aura logic but that is a new feature to make, not a bug
Yep. Exactly.
A feature.
A new, more limiting way to apply an effect.
That's why, I suppose, it being made as effect spec fits.
Because on a basic level it's just a new special way for auras to work.

For a bug I'd skip code change requests topic and go straight to reporting bugs.
E.g. by e-mail.

The one request above is a little more of a bug, but still not very strictly.
changing relatedEffect on triggered effects to be executed on trigger, instead of right after cast
Imho it should work like that, but strictly speaking - it was never meant for such application, because on implementation other things were a priority (I assume - making veteraning work properly).
Age of Strategy design leader
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Added(from e-mails):
  • Correcting SYSTEM_SPECIAL_EFFECT_TARGET_AND_AREA bugs
  • in-game unit lists new graphical features to increase visibility: SPLITTER and NEW_LINE
  • in-game unit lists new graphical feature to increase visibility: More filter buttons
  • Modified map reset bugfix and change
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

all in-game appearances i will not do in android version - but in the Unity version UI idea collection topics it is welcome to make a few sketches as ideas of those dialogs.

modified map: what waas this? (if we talked about please put in all details so i can start working on them when i have time - without asking what is that :))
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:54 pm all in-game appearances i will not do in android version - but in the Unity version UI idea collection topics it is welcome to make a few sketches as ideas of those dialogs.
It's pretty low on the list - I never expected it to be a priority.
Just wanted to add it here to have a search point for e-mails to preserve the idea.
Stratego (dev) wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:54 pm modified map: what waas this? (if we talked about please put in all details so i can start working on them when i have time - without asking what is that :))
I did.
There was not much more in e-mails, but I added some info.
L4cus

Post by L4cus »

dunno if its ok me writing here, but since u are adding (not yet but its on the lsit) ability range, would u add minium ability range?
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus...
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Added:
  • assigned weapon effects not working:
    - effect with SYSTEM_SPECIAL_EFFECT_TARGET_AND_AREA not executing when there is no unit (e.g. target died by attack or attack missed and shifted to another tile). As effect with this special is applied on area it should execute.
    - effect with SYSTEM_SPECIAL_EFFECT_ENVIRONMENTAL not executing ever
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Endru1241 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:56 pm As effect with this special is applied on area it should execute.
actually this is a little contradictory, if target made the spell to "miss" by resistance than how it can even being casted?
i mean the "resistance" is the spell resistance can mean 2 things
a) the spell is not effecting the target(as its resistence protected it)
b) or even can not be casted on him, so resistance "countered" the spell, so that as not successfully casted.

so if we consider all abilities are like "a" than you are right, it should deal the area damage on other tiles (maybe not on target)
but if there are abilities/spells that should work like "b" than no, it should not deal any area damage there.

question: are all current taget_and_area type abilities/spells are like "a"?

btw "e.g. target died by attack" how this can happen? it is not an ability we are talking about? it is a normal attack and "weapon effect" ability? if weapon effect ability than definitely the "b" should be used as the weapon failed to hit the target like a poisoned weapon will only put poison if it hit the target.

or am i wrong?
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

actually this is a little contradictory, if target made the spell to "miss" by resistance than how it can even being casted?
question: are all current taget_and_area type abilities/spells are like "a"?
Except it can also be a basic chance to use ability. An accuracy or success chance
First of all - there are no spells in AoS. Just like in many other variants - AoWW, AoMW, AoD.
So in all those variants those are just abilities. Either:
1. physical
2. chemical
3. mental, social
and in those variants magic exists:
4. magical

And all those abilities can:
a) fail to affect a target
b) be absorbed by target
c) fail (not even be executed)
d) miss

a) It could be personal spell resistance or mental/social resistance or physical attack too weak to affect strong unit or poison cloud going to immune target.
b) practically only applicable if magic exist. And not even with all magic concepts - many can use more personal approach to magic resistance, so spell would still work on area. Without magic maybe in some rare cases like special trap or defensive unit, that e.g. vacuums poison gas.
c) could be inadequacy of user or materials (failed difficult spellcasting, tripped and didn't throw weapon, mechanism broke or just didn't work this time).
And probably shouldn't have any effect (or have effect on fail).
d) Anything could miss - any type of ability. And in this case it could just as well affect target

So it depends on variant, but e.g. in AoS - there is close to none chances of any ability with b) type, but some could be c), which would also not apply effect on area.
btw "e.g. target died by attack" how this can happen? it is not an ability we are talking about? it is a normal attack and "weapon effect" ability? if weapon effect ability than definitely the "b" should be used as the weapon failed to hit the target like a poisoned weapon will only put poison if it hit the target.
Most of those can be a weapon effect and while in some cases it's logical, that main attack would be applied on area and weapon effect only on each target hit - in other it doesn't make sense.
Examples of things, that should work by single attack and area weapon attack:
- Magical fireball arrow: a mystic archer imbues an arrow with spell, so it explodes after normal, regular, physical attack.
Unless enemy is some kind of rare magic absorbing being - it should normally explode on miss or after target death.
- Double explosion rocket - either solid tip incendiary rocket or maybe bunker buster: initial attack can be single target - explosion of flames - surely not and they should work in the same two cases of miss or destruction of initial target.
- Super strong physical attack (e.g. by machine or some giant), that spreads fear on target and around it: such fear should have been executed on both cases of miss or death. On death it would be even more effective.
- Any projectile attack with splash of chemicals (poison or greek fire)
- Any kind of area weapon effect made that way, because area attack with single weapon effect would apply weapon effects of the same full strength even on outer breaches of it's area.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

POSSIBLY VERY TIME CONSUMING Modified map reset bugfix and change - decoration layer is somehow preserved on lost maps

this one is probably fixed, but not sure if all cases - please check (in AOS dev version available)

wait i tested only on random map - i go check on campaign too.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

oik, campaiangs were needed and additional fix... i dont want to talk about it :)

uos 5
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Moved to implemented.
Modified map reset bugfix and change - decoration layer is somehow preserved on lost maps
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Added to implemented:
  • Allowing instant (up to the end of turn) speed decrease. Unit property remainingMovement is used for that.
Moved to implemented:
  • Fixing bug on SYSTEM_SPECIAL_EFFECT_TARGET_AND_AREA - any effect with this system special (with e.g. immidate probably other behaviours too) trnActionUnitIDForCaster setting is ignored.
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Added to implemented:
  • changing relatedEffect on triggered effects to be executed on trigger, instead of right after cast
  • Removing system Language persistence (under Android 10 only?)- actually many strings are displayed in system language even if language selected in game is different (it's cursed Google and it's changes for android)
b2198

Post by b2198 »

Endru1241 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:13 pm Added to implemented:Removing system Language persistence (under Android 10 only?)- actually many strings are displayed in system language even if language selected in game is different (it's cursed Google and it's changes for android)
Nice one :ok_hand:, will test it when it goes into dev version.
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

b2198 wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:44 am
Endru1241 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:13 pm Added to implemented:Removing system Language persistence (under Android 10 only?)- actually many strings are displayed in system language even if language selected in game is different (it's cursed Google and it's changes for android)
Nice one :ok_hand:, will test it when it goes into dev version.
It's already in dev version.
That's how I tested it.
Tried polish system language (normally I used english-GB) and setting english as language in the game:
Everything is in english then.

Of course on the other way - with english system language and polish set in game - only those texts, that have translation showed up in polish.
You can check for your language on your system.
I only tested on Android 12.
b2198

Post by b2198 »

Checked, and it doesn't "half translate" the game to portuguese anymore when having that as system language and english as in-game language. Nice fix : D

Tested on Android 9.
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

in general: if u can figure out a possible cheap 10-15 minute solution to a request than i can make it easily - total overhauls are very hard to make.

about this:
A spec for aura effects to affect only units inside (carried)
i checked the code and seems 0 range should cause that all units on same tile get affected - isnt that working?
or this request is especially NOT to affect units on same tile that are NOT inside the aura unit? (so they only share same carrier)
Adding a message to player, which tries to start legendary unit production, if such production was already started by someone
also this one is obsolete as we do not have any legendary units anymore afaik
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

in-game unit lists new graphical features to increase visibility: SPLITTER and NEW_LINE
this seems kind of visual thing, what example would be for this? i mean where should we use these?
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 6:22 am about this:
A spec for aura effects to affect only units inside (carried)
i checked the code and seems 0 range should cause that all units on same tile get affected - isnt that working?
or this request is especially NOT to affect units on same tile that are NOT inside the aura unit? (so they only share same carrier)
yes aura should not affect units which are not inside carrier.
For example in aof we have an aura for war zeppelins that gives -20 actions for foot melee units inside those war zeppelins. and it should not affect units inside tc or anywhere else on the same tile as this zeppelin.

As for legendary units — we have several such units-easter eggs.
Alexander82 in aof and Coolguy in aos.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

makazuwr32 wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:53 pm

As for legendary units — we have several such units-easter eggs.
Alexander82 in aof and Coolguy in aos.
neither of them are LEGENDARY anymore.
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Updated implemented list and what remains.

Return to “Others”