adding clans and profile costumes

Any other ideas that does not fit to the specific categories.
SpecGradus

adding clans and profile costumes

Post by SpecGradus »

Hi, I would like to offer you to add clans to the game as well as something similar to a trophy league, that is, when a player plays online and wins, he would receive a trophy and a trophy road for each victory, the player will receive bonuses. I would also like you to add a profile costume, that is, avatars, the player’s rating and yoke level, and also so that you can add your own online with Created maps and play them in multiplayer Thanks in advance.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: adding clans and profile costumes

Post by Stratego (dev) »

add clans to the game
you mean that you can write create a clan (like a group of players), and other players can join and beside your player name the clan name appears?
if so what properties a clan needs to have?
- clan name
- clan short name (beside player names in brackets maybe)
- what else?
"as well as something similar to a trophy league, that is, when a player plays online and wins, he would receive a trophy and a trophy road for each victory, the player will receive bonuses."
for the new Unity version it is possible, however i have no idea how these work - can u give me a more detailed idea how to implement? (even visually how to show and where)
I would also like you to add a profile costume,
here i am not sure what u mean.
that is, avatars, the player’s rating and yoke level,
here i am not sure what u mean.
you can add your own online with Created maps and play them in multiplayer Thanks in advance.
this one is tricky as all maps needs to have a "moderation" - so it needs to be sent to me prior.
TntAttack

Post by TntAttack »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:10 pm
you can add your own online with Created maps and play them in multiplayer Thanks in advance.
this one is tricky as all maps needs to have a "moderation" - so it needs to be sent to me prior.
I understand the need for moderation for singleplayer campaign maps but I think such restriction (only you can accept) hinders the player base's creativity.

So from what I understand, and building on,
- Players should be able to make maps
- Maps should be able to be shared.
- Players should be able to download said maps

If the issue is that the player's ability to share their maps risks
- Promoting genocide, hateful speech, whatever
- Lowers the standard of quality of maps
- Spam

Then we can have a discussion about the possible alternatives such as using other platforms like discord or forums to promote and share maps.
Hence
- If the player wishes to download a trashy/NSFW (I don't know why but knowing people) etc maps they can without the game's offical representation.

Some ideas for the map sharing feature
- Code
- Website hosting

Code:
- All player made maps are sent to the map market, and is hidden and locked by a code (password).
- Dev or moderator (I guess you have to hire some) can test all these hidden locked maps.
- If map passes the Dev or mod standards, then it becomes public on the map market.
- If map fails or has not been verified, map stays hidden. Only Players with the map code can download and play it.
- Players can get their code from the map creators themselves e.g. Map creator posts on discord his map code, Players enter the code in map market, Players downloads the map privately.

Website hosting
- Players send their maps to dev.
- Dev uploads it e.g. 24 hours later in a dedicated website.
- Players go to Website and choose then download.
- Maps can be rated on the site.
- Bad maps can be deleted if it's terrible e.g. lots of negative ratings.

What do you think?
SpecGradus

Post by SpecGradus »

you heard about such a game as brawl stars there is a trophy road for each victory they give a trophy as well as bonuses profile editor, that is, the player can add an avatar and profile to his profile The player can show the yoke time in the game, how many improved technologies he has, as well as a personal chat, you can take an example from such games Demise of nations and age of conquest 4 they were developed by one developer they are available on all platforms they can be downloaded via steam thanks for the reply😄
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

TntAttack wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 3:32 pm
What do you think?

the key is all maps need to be checked by someone, and i have no budget to hire anyone so it is me alone volunteering on that.

but seems i can not manage those many maps - see the working map market - there are hundreds of map designs i have not chceked and waiting to be accepted.

so code wise it is ready... (if we talk about campaign like maps)
TntAttack

Post by TntAttack »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:15 pm
TntAttack wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 3:32 pm
What do you think?

the key is all maps need to be checked by someone, and i have no budget to hire anyone so it is me alone volunteering on that.

but seems i can not manage those many maps - see the working map market - there are hundreds of map designs i have not chceked and waiting to be accepted.

so code wise it is ready... (if we talk about campaign like maps)
Well. Honestly you should just risk it. Add a report button on each map, so that is the players themselves find problems they report to you.

Players that can report perhaps be level x and higher...

Or just ask the community to help. As long as it's simple e.g. checking map with your provided guidelines, I am sure you can find people.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Honestly you should just risk it
i can not. in game MUST not appear EVEN FOR A FEW HOURS any abusive, racist or any such map.
Or just ask the community to help
There is no really many people like to do this and i only want to "ask" things that is good/fun to do, this seems not so fun ... :(

so an idea would be good how they will be "auto" checked somehow by a human / player ort something without being pain.
SpecGradus

Post by SpecGradus »

if you want i can help with maps i can check for censorship and other i already have experience in map checks thanks for reply 😃
SpecGradus

Post by SpecGradus »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:25 am
i can not. in game MUST not appear EVEN FOR A FEW HOURS any abusive, racist or any such map.
There is no really many people like to do this and i only want to "ask" things that is good/fun to do, this seems not so fun ... :(

if you want I can help with the checks maps I am an honest and adequate person, I also have experience in inspections maps thanks in advance 😃
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

SpecGradus wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:48 am if you want i can help with maps i can check for censorship and other i already have experience in map checks thanks for reply 😃
would be awesome!
we can try - however i can not give you anything in return only in-game things like gems or something if you are in need and surely place in hall of fames if you moderated lot of maps.

if you tell me your username i grant you the map market moderation in AOS and you will see how it goes - any moderated maps is a help - thanks!
TntAttack

Post by TntAttack »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:25 am

so an idea would be good how they will be "auto" checked somehow by a human / player ort something without being pain.
Okay. Let's go back a bit.
1. What exactly is your criteria (specifics)?
- Do you allow profanities in text? What if that was intended as apart of the story.
If no, will you consider adding a profanity tag, so that players who wish to play maps with profanities can?
- Do you allow in game violence or depictions of warcrimes e.g. maps with civilians being killed.
Probably yes right?
- What if someone made a map called "Shooting the ## Putin". Is that allowed? What if instead of Putin, it was someone revelant to the time era? E.g. Stalin
- Should we ban real time politics?
- Are you okay with mediocre maps?
Do we give all map makers a chance? E.g. Newbie designed maps are fine?
Or do you wish to conserve as much server storage by only having good maps available?
- How "far" should the map checker look.
Does he have to play 100% of the map?
Or 50%

Can he make his own judgement, and say, this map looks good enough?

If you have any other criteria that you want to be checked, do tell me. I am interested in volunteering...
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i found it: there was a topic i wrote earlier about it - i updated with Ukrainan war lines now.
http://www.ageofstrategy.net/viewtopic. ... 74#p110774
How "far" should the map checker look.
Does he have to play 100% of the map?
Or 50%
Can he make his own judgement, and say, this map looks good enough?
yes, enough - optional, (as written in above topic too) i think there is no time to play tru all, only visually observing it should look good and well equipped with units. and the textings to be acceptable as written in topic.
If you have any other criteria that you want to be checked, do tell me. I am interested in volunteering...
would be awesome!

if the linked topic did not answer anything please ask again and i will write into that guideline topic so we have those forever.
TntAttack

Post by TntAttack »

1. What if the map maker censors his profanities e.g. "F*** Ivan, come on we are under attack!"?

Or absoultely no profanities allowed so map makers have to write "Ducking Wells, I can't believe we are outnumbered".

2. These rules don't cover multiplayer maps. What about them. Perhaps you should write a separate section for multiplayer maps.

I do imagine some maps will be are designed with the intention of being chaotic and fun.
- OP triggers on several units.
- Battle Map with random units from different fraction/cultures together. Lore wise it may not make sense, though that is not the point anyways.

These maps possibly be not fulfilled the "aesthetically" well designed and may have lots of units.

Should we remove these maps as well?

3. Can a moderator mod his own map?

4. Can you add a chatbox under each map? Maybe in the future? And a rating system would be nice.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

1. What if the map maker censors his profanities e.g. "F*** Ivan, come on we are under attack!"?
seems ok.
2. These rules don't cover multiplayer maps. What about them. Perhaps you should write a separate section for multiplayer maps.
yes, however terrain appearance requirements are similar.
also currently we have no option to make multipalyer maps and post to map market - only campaign/scenario maps can go there currently.
I do imagine some maps will be are designed with the intention of being chaotic and fun.
- OP triggers on several units.
- Battle Map with random units from different fraction/cultures together. Lore wise it may not make sense, though that is not the point anyways.
this should be well knows from the description and should make some sense.
These maps possibly be not fulfilled the "aesthetically" well designed and may have lots of units.
lot of units are not good in any case i think... but the point is
1. it should make sense
2. look nice
3. and should be fun to play (not pain to play moving eg. 300 units at once)
Should we remove these maps as well?
remove? from where? you mean to "reject" sending back asking fixes? sure yes if they are not good to approve.
3. Can a moderator mod his own map?
"mod" what u u man to mod? ou mean can he accept his own map? sure if his own map is good to the guidelines.
Can you add a chatbox under each map? Maybe in the future? And a rating system would be nice.
there is already, moderators (and players too) can comment under each map on map market.
also they can rate by giving stars to them.

(tell me if any of these questions should appear under that topic - or better you can ask these there so others also can see the question and answers)

Return to “Others”