Peasant Tech Swipe

Any other ideas that does not fit to the specific categories.
Aral_Yaren

Peasant Tech Swipe

Post by Aral_Yaren »

They are useless, not because their stats (1 turn unit to remember and of ciurse their random production) but more because they are unlocked with a tech that is less frequently used - town watch. And with scouts and many important techs obliged strategically, it's enough reason to just leave town watch for bottom n-th upgrade list, hence affects peasant's usefulness too - and they don't have many honestly.

I suggest to change peasant tech requirement to a more frequently used tech - be it writing or ambidextria.

Thanks, stay awesome!
There shall be times... when people across the world shall live in peace and harmony through their various diversities. I shall wait for it, even though it costs my life...
b2198

Re: Peasant Tech Swipe

Post by b2198 »

I disagree, choosing between writing and town watch is one of the frst questions I ask myself on every game start. In some maps and TC distributions it REALLY helps to have 3 speed TC-occupying units for cost 1, and also at some point in the match you'll want town watch anyway so that your watchtowers are more effective and your high castles can see from 10 range (for their trebuchet shot ability), and at that point there are some possible scenarios where all you need is numbers, and for that peasants are great, specially if you give them high morale, tight fabric and dodges (yes, dodges, it affects them), maybe with fervor too (and currently with herbalists/bards, but that won't be an option anymore). They aren't the best for forming a good army, even with all of this increasing their cost-effectiveness to a very high position, but in some cases you need them to do some quick captures without losing many turns to train other units, or you just need to clean the enemy's non-combative units without spending actions from your main army. Also you can get some really good anti-mounted units from them very quick if you're lucky enough.

Though I can say that peasant stone thrower is absolutely horrible, maybe it should get the bonus damage +1 weapon effect, to at least give it a guaranteed 2 damage.
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".
DreJaDe

Re: Peasant Tech Swipe

Post by DreJaDe »

Kinda my thought too.

It's either writing or town watch

But with the Romans and the new update, I might change to town watch now since I can access my needed mercs without the writing tech.

Or just make 1 more worker...

Return to “Others”