Plus Garrison Slot Tech for Tower and Outpost

Any other ideas that does not fit to the specific categories.
Aral_Yaren

Plus Garrison Slot Tech for Tower and Outpost

Post by Aral_Yaren »

A tech that add +1 garrison slot for towers, perhaps split in 2 kinds: one for sentry and ranger outpost (with heal garrison may sounds good, but lower than fortified tower heal rate - 2 hp is enough), another for fortified towers (guard tower, ballista tower, cannon, fortress and so forth).
There shall be times... when people across the world shall live in peace and harmony through their various diversities. I shall wait for it, even though it costs my life...
makazuwr32

Re: Plus Garrison Slot Tech for Tower and Outpost

Post by makazuwr32 »

I think that sentry and outpost being towers constructible on forest tiles will not get carry capacity — endru will not allow that.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Well outposts cannot b made in forests, sentry tower is possible to b one shotted, as long as the slinger tower that can built on mountains doesnt get garrison space i think its fine
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Or just grant garrison space only for units capable of traversing terrain anyway?
I'll have to check if it's possible (terrain emulation locking).

But I don't like idea of giving more garrison to those towers already having 2.
Unless we'd change them to initially have 1.
2 already allows for very powerful combinations and concentration of fire.
Real shooting capacity for tower having 2 slots is 13 units (3 in wagon, 3 more going into wagon, another 3 in another wagon replacing initial one, 3 more replacing those in 2nd wagon and lastly 1 unit to go into remaining empty garrison slot).
And I am unsure how recent changes canShoot switch for garrisons affected that.
Age of Strategy design leader
Aral_Yaren

Post by Aral_Yaren »

I thought reducing all fortification towers to 1 is fine while giving tech to add +1 garrison slot for them (not so costly, perhaps 4 turn is acceptable). It's to reduce heavy dependant tower spam strat early game - itself not that overestimated at least not to me, and as stated it is garrison units inside which pose more horror tactical defense than the tower itself maby time).

It is also to highen guard tower, crossbow tower (need to confirm if it's 1 slot or not) and longbow tower (the last is really underused in MP) value in mid to late game defense transition.

Note: I agree not to give sling tower garrison slot if that would allow movement through mountain as even build road is unapplicable for it.
There shall be times... when people across the world shall live in peace and harmony through their various diversities. I shall wait for it, even though it costs my life...
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

I think the techs can b like this, first tech gives sentry and outpost 1 garrison space, 2nd tech increases garrison of towers with garrison space like guard tower, crossbow tower, longbow tower by +1, so they have 2 garrison space, may b also requires reinforcing tower tech (while first tech requires tower manning tech)

As for towers that already have 2 garrison space like ballista, cannon tower and fortress, could get 3 capacity 3rd tech in the future, it would match reinforced siege tower and galleon in terms of carry capacity (may b it will also require 2nd tech)

Or they dont get a third tech, so fortress will stay same with 2 capacity, but upgrading cannon and ballista tower will give it 3 capacity
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools

Return to “Others”