Fan Map Stars To Accumulate In Star Collector

Any other ideas that does not fit to the specific categories.
Aral_Yaren

Fan Map Stars To Accumulate In Star Collector

Post by Aral_Yaren »

A player (feel free to name yourself, friend, as I forgot) chatted in AoS days ago, telling that he had finished so many AoS fan maps (more than 50 maps! That's very keen of him!) but unfortunately his impressive achievements didn't accumulate into star collector in leaderboard.

So I bring this: can all star gained in fan maps be added into star collector leaderboard?

Here are my takes for this proposal to be implemented:

1. Players need to buy it for 2 gems (if I remember it correctly),
2. These fan maps don't give gem rewards (again, if I were correct)
3. So to appreciate the buyers, it is great if the stars go into leaderboard (it will make players more keen to play more fan maps)
4. By the end, the map makers will also be more appreciated and feel encouraged to make more maps (more than AoS fan map surveyor could imagine, I believe :))

Pace et Concordia!
There shall be times... when people across the world shall live in peace and harmony through their various diversities. I shall wait for it, even though it costs my life...
b2198

Re: Fan Map Stars To Accumulate In Star Collector

Post by b2198 »

Hm... I would have agreed, but maybe this can potentially shift the focus of some people who make them and instead of them being fun maps they might start to become "easy-stars-and-just-barely-fun-enough-to-get-in-the-market maps"?
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".
Aral_Yaren

Post by Aral_Yaren »

Again I say, AoS has map surveyor(s) who will decide if the map is good enough to be published or not.
There shall be times... when people across the world shall live in peace and harmony through their various diversities. I shall wait for it, even though it costs my life...
Aral_Yaren

Post by Aral_Yaren »

And to note, it's not "fun maps" it is "fan maps". One still has to buy his own map to play it once published.
b2198

Post by b2198 »

Aral_Yaren wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:37 am Again I say, AoS has map surveyor(s) who will decide if the map is good enough to be published or not.
Hm, fair enough, I think.
Aral_Yaren wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:51 am And to note, it's not "fun maps" it is "fan maps". One still has to buy his own map to play it once published.
I know, with "fun maps" I meant maps that are fun to play.
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Aral_Yaren wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:37 am Again I say, AoS has map surveyor(s) who will decide if the map is good enough to be published or not.

As far as I know there is only one person accepting maps in map market and it's stratego himself.
I am not sure if it was about market maps, but I recall something about looking at the screenshot of whole map. Once.

So I seriously doubt there is any chance fan maps would be really reviewed.
Just by the amount of things on his head - I'd assume not.

Never mind that.
Age of Strategy design leader
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

True. I am one of surveyor(s). Normally I finish playing each map once & checking triggers before published. It is time consuming process, especially running on my old tablet that easily not responding(DEV version). However, I got a new job few months ago. I need to work six days per week. Don't have time to take a further look at new version units & check maps. Please @ me within the forum. Normally I take a look on forum few times per week.

Btw, http://ageofstrategy.net/viewtopic.php? ... a3#p124756.

Return to “Others”