Allow Healing Affects Unit Inside TC

Any other ideas that does not fit to the specific categories.
Aral_Yaren

Allow Healing Affects Unit Inside TC

Post by Aral_Yaren »

Sometime there happens, that a unit which is very low on hp defends inside TC but both unit and TC lose in next turn because the defending unit cannot be healed by nearby healer outside TC.

I think we need to allow healing affects first unit inside TC in this case, just like Druid can cast Geass to unit inside TC.
There shall be times... when people across the world shall live in peace and harmony through their various diversities. I shall wait for it, even though it costs my life...
b2198

Re: Allow Healing Affects Unit Inside TC

Post by b2198 »

I feel conflicted about this one, on one side, I'd argue that this would be good for consistency reasons, on the other, I fear this might be too strong when holding isolated TCs (think some very hard to kill unit on the first slot with 2 strong healers to back it up, all 3 arriving by wagon), so I'm not sure about whether it should be the case or not.
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".
Aral_Yaren

Post by Aral_Yaren »

You know there are, in that case, more than one healers. Then why in such case one waste turns to focus fire the TC, not those wagons and healers first? (Unless you want to trade unit or buy time).
There shall be times... when people across the world shall live in peace and harmony through their various diversities. I shall wait for it, even though it costs my life...
b2198

Post by b2198 »

They wouldn't be able to if the healers were also inside the TC.
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

There is also one very old mechanism still present in the game.
TC heal rate becomes 20 for each healer unit inside (I believe it was 50 in the past, probably no matter how many healers).
Which is some sort of recompensation for no heal in TC, but it works no matter if healer has any actions left or not.

While it is active however - it would be too much to also allow healing.
Age of Strategy design leader
b2198

Post by b2198 »

Endru1241 wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:23 pm There is also one very old mechanism still present in the game.
TC heal rate becomes 20 for each healer unit inside (I believe it was 50 in the past, probably no matter how many healers).
Which is some sort of recompensation for no heal in TC, but it works no matter if healer has any actions left or not.
Wait, really? I had no idea that was a thing o.O
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Endru1241 wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:23 pm There is also one very old mechanism still present in the game.

Actuay it is even more interesting i believe.
At least in aof:

If unit with carry capacity has at least 1 heal rate any unit with heal rate who is inside it will add its own heal rate to carrier's heal rate.
For example if unit has 12 heal rate and carrier 5 than total heal rate will be 17 hp.

And another thing:
Healing from carriers (including tc) is applied at the end of your turn.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

makazuwr32 wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:30 am

Actuay it is even more interesting i believe.
At least in aof:

If unit with carry capacity has at least 1 heal rate any unit with heal rate who is inside it will add its own heal rate to carrier's heal rate.
For example if unit has 12 heal rate and carrier 5 than total heal rate will be 17 hp.

And another thing:
Healing from carriers (including tc) is applied at the end of your turn.
I just run a test.
AoF seems to have the same system, hut heal values multiplied x4.
All three damaged imperial swordsmen (13/160 hp) were healed in TC by exactly 80hp, when I placed in 3 different tcs: priest, templar and hospitaller.
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Exactly it seems to be carrier heal rate x5.

Return to “Others”