AOS/AOF Terrain strings

Any other ideas that does not fit to the specific categories.
Savra

AOS/AOF Terrain strings

Post by Savra »

@Endru1241,

We were adding these strings to AOF for some units and structures and since according to @Stratego (dev) this effects both ours I'm posting the recent ones I made here :

Code: Select all

{"id": 10093,    "idString": "TERRAINS_DESERTWALKABLE",          "toTileIdStrings": ["TERRAIN_DESERT"]},
		{"id": 10094,    "idString": "TERRAINS_LAVAWALKABLE",          "toTileIdStrings": ["TERRAIN_LAVA"]},
		{"id": 10095,    "idString": "TERRAINS_SNOWWALKABLE",          "toTileIdStrings": ["TERRAIN_SNOW"]},
		{"id": 10096,    "idString": "TERRAINS_SWAMPWALKABLE",          "toTileIdStrings": ["TERRAIN_SWAMP"]},
		{"id": 10097,    "idString": "TERRAINS_ICEWALKABLE",          "toTileIdStrings": ["TERRAIN_ICE_WATER"], "isWater": true},
		{"id": 10098,    "idString": "TERRAINS_SWIMABLE",                "toTileIdStrings": ["TERRAIN_WATER", "TERRAIN_BRIDGE", "TERRAIN_BRIDGE_ROAD"], "isWater": true},
		{"id": 10099,    "idString": "TERRAINS_LAVABUILDABLE",          "toTileIdStrings": ["TERRAIN_LAVA"]}
	]
Basically, we're updating unit terrain modifiers in AOF and these recent additions are being used for terrain effects, movement, and building like stone bridges over lava.

Any thoughts/comments.
Endru1241

Re: AOS/AOF Terrain strings

Post by Endru1241 »

In TERRAINS_SNOWWALKABLE there should probably also be added TERRAIN_CLIFFGROUND_SNOW - it's normally placed in regular plainswalkable and is only made separate to generate different color on map miniature (those are walkable tiles of snow cliffs).
Also I am a little confused what would swimable represent.
There exists some more terrains, that would also be literraly swimable (shallows, maybe ice water).
Age of Strategy design leader
Savra

Post by Savra »

TERRAIN_CLIFFGROUND_SNOW, ok.

Swimmable is basically sailable but only restricted to water tiles and not deep water, could update to SAILABLEWATER or something to that effect.

Could add those other 2 you suggested to the mix as well.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Reason for swimmable is that we are planning to add some units who can pass through normal water but not deep water.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Savra

Post by Savra »

We already have the following units effected by this:
- Orc leader
- Warfell Azure
- Lizardman

I think that's all.

Return to “Others”