Principes and Triari Promotion?

Any other ideas that does not fit to the specific categories.
Aral_Yaren

Principes and Triari Promotion?

Post by Aral_Yaren »

How exactly their promotion works?

I tested in ME, sometime Hastati got promotion in turn 2 and 3 as long as it killed enemies (peasants in this case), and later in turn 7, 9 and even 11 got another promotion to become Triarii. In contrast, sometime Principes didn't get promotion however much it killed enemies.

In my SP, Hastati got promotion after it killed 5 or 6 AI's.

Is there a formula for it? Because the description isn't telling much.
There shall be times... when people across the world shall live in peace and harmony through their various diversities. I shall wait for it, even though it costs my life...
makazuwr32

Re: Principes and Triari Promotion?

Post by makazuwr32 »

I believe it is depending on some success chance. Basically on luck.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
L4cus

Post by L4cus »

yes, i think it triggers when attacking...
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus...
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
Aral_Yaren

Post by Aral_Yaren »

Also for me, it seems that it doesn't have sound effect whenever I click it.
There shall be times... when people across the world shall live in peace and harmony through their various diversities. I shall wait for it, even though it costs my life...
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

There is no parameter that could be 0, increased and later checked. Engine just doesn't have anything like that.
Triggered effect, that could occur on kill can only increase stats and cannot execute effect (like transformation).
So both promotions are set as purely random, being triggered as weapon effect (every attack).
If the chance happens - an indicator should appear on hastati/principes unit (golden symbol of 2nd class private rank)

However there is ongoing bug with weapon effects, that makes weapon effects not execute if there is no target in place (just like hwacha effect not appearing if attack misses).
So it cannot execute when enemy is actually killed.
If enemy survives chance is 15% for hastati to principes and 10% for principes to triarii.
Again by bug - it falsely shows 100% in the unit help.
Age of Strategy design leader
Aral_Yaren

Post by Aral_Yaren »

Could the chance be increased for both? Hastati is a bit fragile to be frontliner to force clash enemy (and more in MP). 30% for Principes and 25% for Triari is fine imho (if not more).
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Aral_Yaren wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:22 pm Could the chance be increased for both? Hastati is a bit fragile to be frontliner to force clash enemy (and more in MP). 30% for Principes and 25% for Triari is fine imho (if not more).
30% is quite high for simple attack.
It would mean every hastati unit would be promoted in almost 3 attacks on average.
Considering, that Triarii unit is stronger than Broad Swordsmen it could be devastating tactic on game start.
And 25% for next one is 4 attacks on average.

Seems to high.

Originally I planned to make them have 30%, 20%, but on kill.
Right now they can be promoted by fighting relatively safely against siege machines or isolated towers.
Too easy to abuse imho.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Isnt there a method like veteran, killing set number of units to promote, like kill 2 units to promote hastati and 3 units to promote principies?
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

godOfKings wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:01 am Isnt there a method like veteran, killing set number of units to promote, like kill 2 units to promote hastati and 3 units to promote principies?
Of course not.
I'd use it then.

Let me cite myself:
Endru1241 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:43 pm There is no parameter that could be 0, increased and later checked. Engine just doesn't have anything like that.
And just to prevent next related question - veteraining (highlander innate ability) uses triggered effect, that happens on each kill.
This could be set as percentage chance if it could be an effect, however:
Triggered effect, that could occur on kill can only increase stats and cannot execute effect (like transformation).

Return to “Others”