Effect Description for Moat Terrain

Any other ideas that does not fit to the specific categories.
Aral_Yaren

Effect Description for Moat Terrain

Post by Aral_Yaren »

I think it would be great if moats (and possibly other terrain) have more descriptions of their usage in game and what effect they carry respectively - stop movement, annihilate attack, lower armor and so forth. Some of us (including myself) even cannot recall what for what if not tried it by self.
There shall be times... when people across the world shall live in peace and harmony through their various diversities. I shall wait for it, even though it costs my life...
phoenixffyrnig

Re: Effect Description for Moat Terrain

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

Agreed. And knowing the speed boosts for roads would be useful too. Afaik, isn't anywhere to be found, in game or in help
I also play an RTS game called Life 8-)
And I also like drinking beer! :D
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

The problem here is that we don't have any page with terrains.
When you have a unit standing on specific type of terrain - there is an aura effect description with all needed information (apart of movement, because that is unit based).
So there is no real terrain description to be changed.

We could work with half measures and add it to buildable units, that create terrain tiles on decoration layer, but that on the other hand would be purely textual and prone to false data due to changes.
As having the help page with terrain info was already discussed with stratego and will be added sooner or later - I see no need for half measures.
Age of Strategy design leader
b2198

Post by b2198 »

phoenixffyrnig wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:59 am Agreed. And knowing the speed boosts for roads would be useful too. Afaik, isn't anywhere to be found, in game or in help
Speed boosts for roads is in every unit's (that can move through a road) description, tap the speed stat to show the speed multipliers on other terrains, including roads.
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".

Return to “Others”