AI Logic: Terrain Clearing

Any other ideas that does not fit to the specific categories.
Aral_Yaren

AI Logic: Terrain Clearing

Post by Aral_Yaren »

It would be great if AI can do terrain clearing, seeing TC next to building obstruction tiles (forest and so forth) and AI lose slot of buildings (usually towers) since they cannot built terrain clearing next to its TC.
There shall be times... when people across the world shall live in peace and harmony through their various diversities. I shall wait for it, even though it costs my life...
Zolaes

Re: AI Logic: Terrain Clearing

Post by Zolaes »

That sounds like a good idea for me
I am Offizier and I don't pay taxes
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

I think it can work without coding. Simply set terrain clearing as buildable building.
Zolaes

Post by Zolaes »

Too bad I don't know how to code even it doesn't need code
I am Offizier and I don't pay taxes
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

@Endru1241
@Savra
@Harchie Hirondo
@Midonik

do u think it can work if we set?
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Soo, if AI can build a tower on a tile, it will build it
If it can't build a tower, it will not consider it, instead it will only consider building the terrain clearing thing.
After that it will be able to build towers on that tile it will consider it again.
Is that how it would work? I wonder if the AI could want to build something not buildable on a certain terrain and that would block it from building actual buildable things on said terrain. So it would decide (since it's up to chance) to build a tower and it won't build the clearing because of that. Or, worse, it will decide to build clearing on a tile that it can't be built on and won't built the tower.
Also, after the tile Is cleared, will AI reconsider what to build on it? Basically what this comes down to is whether AI things about building on tile retroactively or not. I imagine it does tho, cause otherwise it wouldn't rebuilt destroyed towers and stuff.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Soo, if AI can build a tower on a tile, it will build it
If it can't build a tower, it will not consider it, instead it will only consider building the terrain clearing thing.
After that it will be able to build towers on that tile it will consider it again.
Is that how it would work?
yes!
I wonder if the AI could want to build something not buildable on a certain terrain and that would block it from building actual buildable things on said terrain. So it would decide (since it's up to chance) to build a tower and it won't build the clearing because of that. Or, worse, it will decide to build clearing on a tile that it can't be built on and won't built the tower.
can u write this with example ?
Also, after the tile Is cleared, will AI reconsider what to build on it? Basically what this comes down to is whether AI things about building on tile retroactively or not. I imagine it does tho, cause otherwise it wouldn't rebuilt destroyed towers and stuff.
if a cleared tile is there AI will build again the things he build in normal cases.

Return to “Others”