Suggestion about game

Any other ideas that does not fit to the specific categories.
KingOfTheSilverlands

Suggestion about game

Post by KingOfTheSilverlands »

Hello,i want to talk about a problem.

I think this game has a problem about keeping players active.I know,taking turns and waiting is the game itself but i think you should work on how to keep players in the game.Most of players are taking turns then quitting game and waiting other players taking turns.I think you can do something about that.

Like writing a story about characters,maps,or about variant.Maybe put some Quiz about characters abilities,skills or something.For example;
"Which unit is Swordsmans counter ?

A)Archer
B)Mage
C)Horseman"

Maybe this way players spends their time in game a little more.
The lifeless eyes of cold corpses greeted the King while the wind blew his silver hair.
Endru1241

Re: Suggestion about game

Post by Endru1241 »

I am afraid it's not so easy.
Both me and stratego work our normal daily jobs.
So there is not too much time on our side.
And as far as I know there is not many with any overview on the game.
There are some contributors, but if we are talking about strictly dev team - it's only me responsible for game assets (new units, upgrades, balance) and stratego barely having any time left from developing engine of the game to respond for maps (new scenarios, campaigns and random maps), plus few other things, that I honestly have no idea how he manages to find time and will to do.

Sure multiplayer chats could use moderators, who could probably also heat it a little, but I am not sure we even have any people dedicated to that.
The main reason is also coincinecally the reason game (and any other variants of it) is still left free and with no advertisements - it's not commercial project, but a personal one of the dev - stratego (aka. zeroteouch).
All people participating in these games development are only voluntary contributors.

So I can only advice to maybe make multiplayer games with shorter turn time.
Or just create a bunch of them (depending on how many you actually have time to participate in).
Plus - enjoing single player maps is always good in the meanwhile.

The only thing I can do (or at least keep trying to) is to still actively react to bugs, balance issues and implementing new content (which is quite stale lately to be honest) in hopes it will at least prevent players from leaving the game for good.
Age of Strategy design leader

Return to “Others”