Limit number of forts?

Any other ideas that does not fit to the specific categories.
phoenixffyrnig

Limit number of forts?

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

What about a TC-related limit for forts, just like with factories or mega-buildings?

By late game, with both building upgrades and a couple of elite workers nearby, forts can be almost indestructible. Five or six hits from heavy trebs, around 10 hits with elite cannon (exact numbers may vary, I'm doing quick maths here), and all must be done in 1 turn or the damage is likely repaired and vengeance extracted.

Obviously a fort is intended to be a slightly tanky bastion of resistance - that is fine - it is the fact that it is (practically) unlimited in number that is the problem. Tower spam is dull enough in MP, fort spam is pretty much unbearable!

*Disclaimer* (before someone helpfully points out the blindingly obvious) Yes, I know that in real life it was all about defensive positions and fortifications. But this is a game. Unless we really want to spend 18 months sieging a castle, I think we are allowed a bit of artistic licence.
I also play an RTS game called Life 8-)
And I also like drinking beer! :D
Endru1241

Re: Limit number of forts?

Post by Endru1241 »

There is no such thing as limit on unit type.
In game engine only 2 types of limits exists and those are for factories and for mega factories.
I am not placing fort as neither, because it would become useless.

I have long added a code request to implement limits (and a way to increase it), but it's on the bottom of implement list.
And quite a few items on top of it are much longer in queue (before I created this list), so it's not coming anywhere soon.

Current priority is unity engine, then maybe stratego will find some time/mental power to do something from one of requests lists.

So fort spam can only be lessened by other solutions.
Exact stats are 674hp and 4/16 armor.
Elite cannon deals 62, Stand mode heavy treb - 128.
It's repaired by 66hp and 88x2=176 on dedicated repair.
Age of Strategy design leader

Return to “Others”